*Excellent Reggae/Calypso CD*

LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Hi Guys,

I think there are some of you out there who enjoy the Reggae/Calypso/Caribbean music that we've experienced on the ship just as much as I do. So I wanted to recommend a good CD, it just came out and it's by UB40. Title is "Who You Fighting For". It is EXCELLENT, and every song on the CD is so, so good. I don't think I've heard a CD like this in a long, long time.

If anyone would like any other recommendations, I would be happy to help, I have a huuuge collection of Reggae/Calypso music. But my favorite will always be MEGA 4!!!! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So weird...My name is Sharon and my husband is Roger and I had to do a double take to see if I wrote that message as I love that music too!!!

It's funny I was questioning the folly of using our real names while pondering how many couples of the same name live in San Francisco.

Glad I did now.

Od Tapo Imi is a midwestern band that perform on steel drums. They have opened for Jimmy Buffett, and were just featured on some Carnival ship. They are great! Check out their web site. I'd recommend their CD Instant Vacation Tank tops & Flip Flops.

• 9 months later...
Od Tapo Imi is a midwestern band that perform on steel drums. They have opened for Jimmy Buffett, and were just featured on some Carnival ship. They are great! Check out their web site. I'd recommend their CD Instant Vacation Tank tops & Flip Flops.

Second that notion. We saw OD TAPO IMI here in Chicagoland last summer and they were fantastic. Their cd's will be joining us in March.

• 2 months later...

I too saw OD TAPO IMI on a The Carnival Glory at the end of Feb this year.

I hear they will be on the Valor [Eastern Carib] for 2009. Early Feb out of Miami.

They were quite entertaining to watch.

Archived