Ms Queen? Opinions?

cod

cod,

There is no "steamboat" called MS QUEEN. MS is the same as your MV which means motor vessel (as steamboat is SS = steamship).

The only steamboats offering overnight cruises are the DELTA QUEEN, the MISSISSIPPI QUEEN and the AMERICAN QUEEN on the Mississippi river system.

Do you have any details about the boat you´re asking? Which river? Which company?

steamboats

Hi, I was using MS for Mississippi..our state abreviation. So I meant Mississippi Queen.

I have a couple thinking of booking the July 27 RT from New Orleans. I've never booked a steamship cruise and I'm hoping for some feedback.

Cod,

O.k., you´ll find a couple of reviews in my signature. I´ve cruised the MQ (which is the abreviation we "steamboaters" are using :) ) three times and the DQ 5 times. There is a special board for the new Majestic America Line

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

All three boats did undergo a renovation during winter lay-up. Currently all three boats are in New Orleans (with the AQ arriving yesterday). You might get a general overview of what is steamboating about reading my reviews. Right now, noone can tell what will change with the new ownership. During renovation flat screen TVs were added to the MQ and AQ´s staterooms. Bedding was changed and robes will be provided now. Season is starting in March. Don´t know what kind of changes have been made regarding entertainment. I know for sure that the Riverlorians (River Historians) are still aboard.

The July 27th itinerary is the same we did in 2004. So read my review about the ports. Can be quite hot and humid in July!

If you have any specific questions please ask!

steamboats

Archived