Pride of Hawaii Review (in parts) - 12/11/06

beachchick

tmm100:

Off topic a bit, but would someone like to explain why all of a sudden the word i-s-l-a-n-d-s is now taboo and all asterisks??? Bizarre.

beachchick

I was wondering that too!

Off topic a bit, but would someone like to explain why all of a sudden the word i-s-l-a-n-d-s is now taboo and all asterisks??? Bizarre.

beachchick

Granted it was late last night, but I could not figure out what those astericks meant.

At least your question answered the question of what, if not why.

Okay, I'm stumped (not that that's a first for me). Now islands is back to normal--except that on another thread I visited earlier tonight I could tell that was the word that was asterisks. I know--they just want to keep us on our toes.

beachchick

tmm100: Good choice (well, I think so). I will be sending good upsell thoughts your way. What do you have booked and what would you be interested in category-wise as an upsell? That way I can send specific vibes out there for you! Yes, you must decide in advance how much you'd be willing to pay for different upsells. It makes the process so much easier. We had not really discussed it before we got our first call, so I had to say I'd call back because DH and I had to decide. Fortunately, we decided against the first two offers, but by the time the third one came around we knew exactly how much we would be willing (and could afford) to pay and what category we wanted. (I know we completely lucked out!)

beachchick

Hi Beachchick

We're in a DD ocean view and would be thrilled with an upsell offer to a balcony...not asking for much, but doubt it will happen - do send those vibes! On our last cruise, we were offered a down-sell---to an inside handicapped (larger) room from an outside---the offer came with a $750 ship credit. We turned it down, as my husband is claustrophobic - and I was glad we did because we got caught in the east cost March ice storm and missed the first two days of our cruise. After all of the travel traumas we endured, the last thing he needed was a room without a view! By the way, thanks for your caution about the slippery lava fields---klutz that I am, I will be sure to wear proper foot attire!! We're pretty much set for our 7/16 POH trip except for deciding on what to do on day one in Kauai (airplane ride on day 2) . Thanks for solving the ******** mystery!

Hi Beachchick

We're in a DD ocean view and would be thrilled with an upsell offer to a balcony...not asking for much, but doubt it will happen - do send those vibes! On our last cruise, we were offered a down-sell---to an inside handicapped (larger) room from an outside---the offer came with a $750 ship credit. We turned it down, as my husband is claustrophobic - and I was glad we did because we got caught in the east cost March ice storm and missed the first two days of our cruise. After all of the travel traumas we endured, the last thing he needed was a room without a view! By the way, thanks for your caution about the slippery lava fields---klutz that I am, I will be sure to wear proper foot attire!! We're pretty much set for our 7/16 POH trip except for deciding on what to do on day one in Kauai (airplane ride on day 2) . Thanks for solving the ******** mystery!

I am sending those upsell vibes out for you. You never know. There are many, many balcony cabins--Why shouldn't you be one of those who gets "the call" and a terrific offer!:D

Wow. Sounds like that March cruise was a bit of a challenge.

Yes, definitely wear sturdy footwear and socks, and long pants because lava is sharp.

beachchick

Hi Beachchick,

Well, we didn't get an upsell offer yet, but your good vibes must be working, as our insurance check from the March ice storm fiasco that interferred with our Carribean cruise came in today- just in time to pay off our Hawaii cruise! The insurance company we use is just wonderful; this is the second time in 10 years I've had a big claim and they came through both times - I highly recommend trip insurance for everything from family illness to mother nature. The Hawaii excitment is building! I hope you are happily planning your next trip to whereever.

tmm100: I'm glad to hear that your insurance money arrived, but sorry that you had to file a claim in the first place. Still, it's better than not having the insurance. I'll keep sending out those vibes for you--there's still plenty of time for a good upsell.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Unfortunately, DH and I have been forced to cancel the one trip we had planned for this fall and put off any travel (even to see family) for now. We've both been dealing with some increased health problems, so I'm doubly happy that we leaped on the good deal we got last December. We've learned that you just never know what will happen and that you've got to treasure the good days.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time, upsell or not.

beachchick

Beachchick---- I'm sending good vibes your way for a slow down of those health problems! You have my total empathy, as health issues on my part are the reason why we decided to go to Hawaii this year, even though financially and career-wise it is not the best of times. We're making the memories. My yoga instructor always ends our session with a guided imagery meditation wherein she suggests that each of us picture our favorite beach and go back there in our minds' eye to recall the joy and relaxation it represents---I hope that there are a couple of Hawaii images that take you back to that "special place". Take care!

tmm100

tmm100: Mahalo so very much for those good vibes. I'm not sure how this will sound, but it's nice to know that you understand--believe me, I'm not glad that you do though. Do not feel guilty in the least that it's not the "best" time financially or career-wise to take this trip. Hawaii, at least in our experience, is good for your health. It's the one place we can visit and return home feeling okay, exhausted and with many rest days afterward, but still happy about it. Other places, we might visit and either come home sick for weeks or even have to come home early. (Bummer, but there you live with what life gives you.) Do not feel guilty in the least that you've decided to give yourself this needed break. You deserve it, and you know that the future is always uncertain.

I feel certain that you will have more special places than you can count when you return. There's something very healing about the islands, IMO. And I'm hoping even more now that you will get that upsell call and that you will be able to cruise with a balcony. My very best thoughts go out to you that your health problems will diminish and that your trip will be wonderful.

beachchick

tmm100: Mahalo so very much for those good vibes. I'm not sure how this will sound, but it's nice to know that you understand--believe me, I'm not glad that you do though. Do not feel guilty in the least that it's not the "best" time financially or career-wise to take this trip. Hawaii, at least in our experience, is good for your health. It's the one place we can visit and return home feeling okay, exhausted and with many rest days afterward, but still happy about it. Other places, we might visit and either come home sick for weeks or even have to come home early. (Bummer, but there you live with what life gives you.) Do not feel guilty that you've decided to give yourself this needed break. You deserve it, and you know that the future is always uncertain.

I feel certain that you will have more special places than you can count when you return. There's something very healing about the islands, IMO. And I'm hoping even more now that you will get that upsell call and that you will be able to cruise with a balcony. My very best thoughts go out to you that your health problems will diminish and that your trip will be wonderful.

beachchick

BeachChick: I'm very sorry to hear about you and your husband's medical problems. I hope that you both recover soon and are able to travel again. You are one of the most helpful people here, and your advice helps all of us in planning our trips. I'm really glad that you were able to go on your POH cruise last winter when you were still healthy enough for it. I know you really love Hawaii, and I hope you can go back there again sometime!

mitsguy2001: What a very nice thing to say. I look forward to the next time we can travel. Unfortunately, we have long-term health issues we've been dealing with for many years. Sometimes things are worse than others, but we also have times which are not as bad. And those are the times we treasure. I do love Hawaii, there's no doubt about it.

I'm so glad you and your GF had such a good trip.

beachchick

Archived