Diabetic Diet

tigerdadky

I knew i was way to fat when I went to my doctor in Dec and my blood work proved it. It showed that I was in early stages of type 2 diabetes due to being overweight. He said eliminate sugar and exercise and lose weight and I should be fine. Started diet on January 2nd. I read every label for sugar content and watch my fat intake. I have lost almost 20 lbs in less than 3 weeks. I hope to lose at least another 30 before my cruise. I will watch my sugar intake on the cruise but wont be counting calories or fat grams on the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I knew i was way to fat when I went to my doctor in Dec and my blood work proved it. It showed that I was in early stages of type 2 diabetes due to being overweight. He said eliminate sugar and exercise and lose weight and I should be fine. Started diet on January 2nd. I read every label for sugar content and watch my fat intake. I have lost almost 20 lbs in less than 3 weeks. I hope to lose at least another 30 before my cruise. I will watch my sugar intake on the cruise but wont be counting calories or fat grams on the cruise.

I am in the same situation as you. If I told you the sugar level you would not beleive it. 368. I thought I was doing to pass right there in the dr. office. I am on meds and it is now going down. Byretta. I am not sure how much weight I lost however eating right and walking after dinner has lowered the levels in 1 week to 166 - 232 in the AM. I am also trying to get motivated to do a lil exercise in the AM. I can see a change in the way my clothes fits. My new worry is the way my skin feels..... I am going to need to firm it up. How? I do not want to lift weights and be buldgie. Any ideas?

PS congrats on the weight lose. Keep it up.....

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Doctor's on Thursday and finally had to face the music that at 54 I have type 2 and am now on medicine. One good side effect is that it helps to lose weight (bad side effect is having to run to the bathroom).

Time to be healthy! Jan

Archived