New Orleans Cruise Parking

lovetheboat

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we have parked there when we went on the Fantasy Oct 30th. The place looks a little strange at first because of the chain link fence going across the front of the entrance. They have you park inside a three sided building. You drop your luggage at the entrance and it is loaded into the shuttle bus. From there they will take you to the port which is 5 minutes away. On your return call them when you are fixing to get off the ship. They will be waiting for you by the time you get off the ship.

Dave

Semper Fi boot. 65-68

We used the Fulton garage in Jan. for two cruises. We reserved the rooftop parking online in advance for $8 per night and we included the night before our cruise when we stayed at the Marriot only a couple of blocks away. There were free shuttles to the pier, but since it was only a few blocks we decided to walk. If there's a lot of traffic, you probably get there quicker walking. We took the shuttle back and when they dropped us off, they asked that just the driver take the elevator up and drive down to pick up other passengers and luggage. No problem. The second cruise we just walked back. We would park there again. I think you need to reserve online to get the $8 rooftop parking. All the signs they were holding up when we got there said $12.

• 3 months later...

If you book Fulton Place Garage through Airport Parking Reservations then you can use the $5.00 off coupon they have on their web page. Remember that the $8/day parking does not include In/Out service so you have to leave the vehicle there the entire time of the booking. Not a problem if you are staying in the French Quarter or Riverwalk.

http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like there is plenty of parking. My family and I will be on the Fantasy in August and we drive in the day of the cruise. We don't arrive at the terminal until about 1-2PM so I was worried it might be full and that we need a 2nd option. Has anyone ever been turned away because it was full?

Can anyone answer this....our cruise documents say embarkation is from 1:30 - 3:00. I know parking is first come so I am unsure as to what time we should go the port to ensure we get a parking space.

• 1 year later...
Can anyone tell me what time they allow you to board at the port of New Orleans? Will be cruising in Feb. and first time out of New Orleans.

Depends on what ship/line and whether you have priority boarding. Of the three times we have sailed out of NOLA on RCL leaving ar 4:00pm, we boarded between 10:30am-11:00am. We will be sailing on CCL's Dream in February which departs at 4pm and will plan to be at the port by 10:30am.