anyone been on voyager lately??

seabourndt

I don't think the vibration is fixable. However, if you are mid-ship -- it really isn't bad. I didn't notice it at all but my DH was aware of it. Deck 11 -- entering the restaurant was very strong (and loud).

Unless you are extremely sensitive, most people are not bothered by it.;)

Goes to show you, different people have different opinions on it. I would have been fine in one of the rear cabins. I even had drinks in our friends cabin one night and still didn't notice anything.

Now Navigator would be a different story.

We were on the voyager for the holiday cruise and never felt any vibration. There was no mention of it among the people that we were with. Breakfast in La Veranda every morning was calm, and tea in the Horizon Lounge was also fine. We have friends that were in a Seven Seas Horizon suite last year are are in one this year for the entire world cruise, and they love it and don't feel a thing!

having read many opinions before i did the cruise i thought it would be finew. not normally bothered by such things but as soon as the engines started i noticed it. its such a shame as i loved the horizon balcony but as it was 7 days in the atlantic.i changed to a bit futher back which wass much better. this cabin was rejected by someone else and it badly creaked by much betteer han the constand vibration. what a shame as i just love the look of the ship.

dave

• 1 month later...

I'm currently on the WC now and have friends in the aft Seven Seas suite. We've been back to their cabin for cocktail parties and were never bothered. In fact, they've rebooked the same cabin for next year's WC so obviously not bothered at all. It sure must be a personal thing!!

Yikes...we just got word that we got upgraded to a seventh floor horizon suite on Voyager. Now I know why.

If the vibration is still bad I won't be able to stand it.

Marylizbeth,

Did you have a guarantee or had you originally selected a specific cabin?

I'm currently on the WC now and have friends in the aft Seven Seas suite. We've been back to their cabin for cocktail parties and were never bothered. In fact, they've rebooked the same cabin for next year's WC so obviously not bothered at all. It sure must be a personal thing!!

Thanks, petlover, for your timely weighing in on a much discussed, but never agreed upon, subject. It "must be a personal thing" indeed!

Pincus

Goes to show you, different people have different opinions on it. I would have been fine in one of the rear cabins. I even had drinks in our friends cabin one night and still didn't notice anything.

Is the Navigator that bad? We have been on Voyager -- she definitely has a vibration but I was not bothered by itl. We'll be on the Navigator at the end of March -- mid ship (837) -- is the vibration that much worse than on the Voyager? :confused:

Is the Navigator that bad? We have been on Voyager -- she definitely has a vibration but I was not bothered by itl. We'll be on the Navigator at the end of March -- mid ship (837) -- is the vibration that much worse than on the Voyager? :confused:

Yes, the vibration problem on the Navigator is real. But midship deck 8 you shouldn't be bothered.

This topic has been debated over and over. Forward and midship are relatively immune, aft vibration can be very noticeable in the theater, and even in the dining room at times. If you are very sensitive, it can be very bothersome. Others are aware, but less bothered. I've never heard anybody complain about cabins near yours.

JoAnne B

I have been on Navigator twice. Like Joanne says the vibration is very real but you only feel it at the back. Both times I had Cat. H cabins which are forward, no problem there.

I would feel the vibration on Portofino Rest. and the show lounge but it didn't bother me. Had I felt in the cabin, that would be a different story.

I think midship you should be ok .

Sadly, the vibration problem on Voyager remains very real, notwithstanding the last dry dock and retrofit. The vibration problem gets more severe as the speed of the ship increases (it is very noticeable above about 19 knots). Apparently, this is just something that cannot be corrected.

Thus, the rule remains the same as ever for Voyager - no cabin back of mid-ship at any time.

Archived