Parking in Galveston

nathaniel

We are booked on the Grand for the March 3rd sailing and will be driving from Baton Rouge to Galveston. Does anyone have information on long term parking at the port of Galveston. Is it close to the ship? Any idea of the cost? Any help would be appreciated.

Nathaniel

We are booked on the Grand for the March 3rd sailing and will be driving from Baton Rouge to Galveston. Does anyone have information on long term parking at the port of Galveston. Is it close to the ship? Any idea of the cost? Any help would be appreciated.

Nathaniel

We use EZ Cruise Parking (www.ezcruiseparking.com). They give you a small ($5.00) discount if you pay in advance.

Hurry back, we'll be waiting to board!:D

I have used EZ parking and got along ok but would like to find someone or several who have used lighthouse and see how they got along.

If you are on a 5 day carnival cruise like Esctasy, EZ puts you in a lot about 10 blocks away from the terminal in a not so great part of town. The fence may have been 8 or 10 ft tall but had holes in it that a person could get through.

There is a lot to the west of the terminal and accross the street that I think is lighthouse

Can anyone help ????

thanks

we're booking ez cruise for a 7 night cruise. it's 50 bucks when you reserve online. and you MUST reserve in advance anywhere you want to park. you dont want to run the risk of not finding parking at the last minute. if you park at the pier it's 70 bucks for a 7 night cruise, and you must drop off all passengers and luggage as their pier shuttle will only bring back the driver. ez cruise brings everyone and all their luggage on the shuttle.

I agree, make sure to get a reservation at EZ cruise. We didn't , in Dec. and they were full. There was a big Dickens festival going on in the area that day; I don't know if that made a difference, but I think they are usually full. As others said, and I now know, book online and get a discount.

We used the parking by the pier and it worked fine, though more expensive. ($70) We dropped our luggage off and drove to the lot--it's only a block or two. We both rode the shuttle back with no problems and as far as I know there were no restrictions as to just the driver on the shuttle. Most everyone we were with used the shuttle for their entire group.

Returning was easy too; no more than a minute wait for the shuttle back to the parking lot.

and you must drop off all passengers and luggage as their pier shuttle will only bring back the driver. ez cruise brings everyone and all their luggage on the shuttle.

That is not the case at the port parking. The majority of passengers (we had read up on CC on parking prior to arriving) got on the shuttle with their luggage. No one said a word to them that they couldn't (entire families). My issue now is that for our 7 night it will cost a whole lot more to park, so we were able to arrange secure parking at our hotel for free (Holiday Inn Sunspree), plus they will shuttle us to the pier. Gotta love cruising.......:D :D

• 4 years later...

As of 12/29/2011, the three main places to park in Galveston are below, in order of proximity. Prices were uniformly $50 for 7 days, leaving on a Sunday. All have shuttles.

1) Galveston Park-n-cruise - right across from the pier so you can walk

2) EZ Cruise parking - $5 discount if you book online

3) Lighthouse parking - approx 10 blocks away, farthest

Given that the prices are the same, I think I prefer the option of walking rather than waiting in line for a shuttle.

The three *reasonably priced* hotels with free cruise parking are below, in order of economy. Prices based on Sat night (most expensive), and do not include taxes.

1) Beachcomer - no shuttle $67

2) Best Western (the one on 5914 Seawall) - no shuttle $75

3) Holiday Inn - shuttle $129

The best resource I found for knowledgeable FREE information for hotels, parking, etc. was the Galveston reservaion Line 1-880-939-8680. Awesome.

Archived