Help me choose our Pre-cruise hotel in Galveston ...

Vellamint

It depends on the nights and time of year. Fall rates for the Galvez and the Tremont are below $150, even for a Friday night stay. (Weekends are usually much higher than other nights.) Tremont is $122 for Thursday, and I think $135 for Friday.

This is July, on a Friday. Plus, afaik, those hotels don't have protected parking; or do they?

Maybe in the Fall it's only $10 more, but i couldn't find a single good deal going that route.

I have it narrowed down to:

Comfort Suites 102 E Seawall (Stewart Beach)

Comfort Suites 6302 Seawall

Best Western 5914 Seawall

We are just looking for clean and convenient. Walkable to restaurants/grocery would be nice.

Has anyone stayed in any of these places? I managed to do a search and found a few people that stayed at the Best Western with mixed reviews. I cant find anything for the Comfort Suites other than the Stewart Beach one may not be near much.

Any of them have interior corridors...

Have already checked them out on Tripadvisor and they all fall within $10-20 of each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

We will be staying at the Comfort Inn at 6302 Seawall. There is a Kroger's supermarket nearby.

The Tremont House does have a free shuttle to the pier. Schedule a time with the valet/bell stand.

Mel,

Thanks for the information. I will make sure that I check with the valet/bell stand.

Mel,

Thanks for the information. I will make sure that I check with the valet/bell stand.

You're welcome. If you have your own car, you actually will have to make arrangements with the Hotel Galvez, a sister property on the Seawall with more parking availability. You'd drive your car over there to park it and they'd put you in their shuttle. The front desk can help you with these arrangements.

If you don't have a car, you'd take the Tremont's shuttle. Either way, it's an easy process.

Enjoy your cruise!

Beware of "Free" hotel parking. Make sure they have security that patrol the area on a routine basis. It won't be to free if you come back and find your car stolen. Happened to my mom in California at a Holiday Inn that promised same thing. We are paying $50 extra and parking at the Port of Galveston. It is patroled by security and Galveston Police plus you have to enter through a gate that requires ID and cruise documents from what I have read. I realize it is not a guarantee, but I feel a little safer.

Archived