Taxi from San Juan airport to Cruise Terminal

Sunbeam56

Has anyone taken lately a taxi from San Juan, Puerto Rico airport to Cruise Terminal6

How much was it?

How long does it take from airport to pier?

We took a cab there several weeks ago. It was $20. We had tons of bags (8) and they did not charge any extra for them. I guess it depends upon the taxi driver.

MJ

Take the taxi. If there is any traffic, the harrowing taxi drive from the airport to the port is worth a lot more than the $20-25 you'll pay :D

Almost all taxis in SJ are Chevrolet Astro minivans with tons of space for 4-5 pax and luggage. The problem is, they're a bit too big for the roads, hence the harrowing ride, especially with a talented driver.

Will be cruising out of San Juan on April 28 for the first time. Any recommendations as to taking the Princess transfer or the taxi. I would think taking the taxi would get you to the ship sooner.

Zukecruiser, are you sailing on the Crown? Come join us on our roll call thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=247579&page=32

We took a cab from the airport to the Crown Princess on "Three Kings Day" and then back to the airport the following week. It was $19.00 for two people and then something like $.50 per bag...total for us was about $22.50. Figure 30 min. at the most from the airport, depending on traffic and how well your cab driver knows alternate routes.

I'd say take the cab! It is much quicker, there's no waiting around, and the ride is entertaining! We actually saw one car pushing another car's bumper....apparently they weren't moving along fast enough! It's cheaper than the transfers, and would be worth it even if it weren't!

Thanks for all the feedback on the taxi's, it looks like that's the best way to get to the pier. I will be on the Crown Princess and have looked at the thread for the 4/28 sailing as previously mentioned. It's hard to believe it has been going since 2005. A lot of dedicated cruisers out there.

Archived