Princess charging my credit card for the same deposit again and again...help!!!

miller931

I'm hoping someone could give me suggestion on how to deal with this situation...

I used my credit to pay for a friend's cabin deposit of $600 on 1/19 (I'm booked on the same cruise, no problem with my own reservation).

On 1/22, I learned my credit card company caught 2 duplicate authorizations of $600 by Princess (identical date/time stamp). They offered me the option of removing one of them, hence preventing one of them from posting to my account that day. I took it.

This morning, I found out that Princess ran another $600 authorization on my credit card on 1/22 - supposedly to replace the one I stopped. I immediately e-mail my TA explaining the situation & left her a voice mail. This is the first time I'm dealing with her. She works for a reputable agency and is very knowledgeable, but is also busy and doesn't always respond promptly to questions/requests. I haven't heard anything from her yet... While waiting for her to get back to me (which could be another day or two), what do you think I should do?

#1 let the pending duplicate authorization get posted and rely on my TA to get the refund or dispute it later with the credit card company.

# 2 follow the credit card company's advice to keep removing duplicate authorization while it's still pending. i.e. if I remove one today, Princess could turn around and run another right away to replace it! I would hope that after 2 failed attempts they would realize something was wrong!

Thanks.

PS. As I expected, Princess refused to talk to me directly to resolve this issue...

I just did. I'm afraid to be too pushy with her since the duplicate transaction hasn't actually posted yet... Is it reasonable to expect her to get in touch with Pricess while it's still pending? I'm usually not very patient so it's a tough call for me :rolleyes:

The same thing happend to us! I called Princess and they said it would be a few days before they could check their postings. I called my TA and he called but Princess told him that he had nothing to do with the charges. After a couple of days, the charges were credited to my card.

Did you book while onboard? We did.

Call Princess directly and explain that you are having difficulty with your TA for whatever reason and insist that the CSR fix your booking problem they will not deny your request, after all it is your booking.

If your TA is too busy then it is time to find a new TA. :rolleyes:

The same thing happend to us! I called Princess and they said it would be a few days before they could check their postings. I called my TA and he called but Princess told him that he had nothing to do with the charges. After a couple of days, the charges were credited to my card.

Did you book while onboard? We did.

No, not while onboard - it's a regular booking. The only thing Princess would confirm was that $600 was paid on the reservation. They would only dig deeper if my TA calls. At this point, I think I'll just wait until the duplicate charge actually posts to my account... Hopefully my credit card company doesn't keep removing their duplicate authorization(s) continuing an endless cycle :)

I don't know if this is the same situation but, On our last cruise I checked my CC account on-line and noticed there were several small charges from the Sea Princess noted as "pending". This was the first time I had noticed this and I questioned the Purser and really didn't get a good answer.

In the three months since our cruise I see that almost all charges show immediately as pending and sometimes the numbers are accurate and other times they are not. Many times there are duplicate entries.

There is a note on my bank's board that explains this. It is not a problem unless the pending is changed to a full charge. I'd say call the bank or cc company and have them explain the process. I really doubt you will have a problem. Good Luck.

Wait two days for a response from you travel agent???:eek:

No way. If it were me, I would transfer my booking now!!

If your agent is that busy to attend to an important matter like that, he/she doesn't need your booking.

Jay:D

Wait two days for a response from you travel agent???:eek:

No way. If it were me, I would transfer my booking now!!

If your agent is that busy to attend to an important matter like that, he/she doesn't need your booking.

Jay:D

I agree! Unless your TA is out of the office (and you should be notified beforehand), your TA should respond back that day. Does your TA have email? Maybe an urgent message would attract his/her attention.

P.S. I wouldn't have the nerve to transfer the booking without a second chance, but would let my TA know if this lack of service happens again, I'm gone and so is my booking!

--Denise

# 2 follow the credit card company's advice to keep removing duplicate authorization while it's still pending. i.e. if I remove one today, Princess could turn around and run another right away to replace it! I would hope that after 2 failed attempts they would realize something was wrong!

If you check your cc charges online often enough, you'll find that pending charges frequently misrepresent the "final" debit. A charge for $123 may appear as $1. A single charge, as in your case, may appear as a multiple. This is a common occurence with hotels, especially.

I wouldn't be concerned with a pending charge until it surfaces above the line to become final. Charges don't stay in the pending category very long. Depending on the source, they are usually resolved within two or three days.

Don't forget...it is NOT a charge until the posting doesn't have pending annotation beside it. I understand that a tentative charge is posted almost as soon as the card is swiped or the account is polled. When it is actually charged the pending is removed and everything is OK and accurate. Not to worry :) Let us know how it works out.

Archived