Can you pay on a gohst cruise?

Can you pay on a gohst cruise? I want to go in about 2.5 years and would like to pay as I go, but I don't think you can book a cruise that far out. The next one I want to go on will be alot more money and would be nice to have it paid for way in advance so I am not trying to break my neck working overtime to pay for it and spending way to much time away from my kids. I am not good at putting money away for a rainy day. My husband takes care of that. He takes care of the future and I like to take care of now. Actually has worked out to be a great combination. He has no problem going on a cruise with me but I have to pay for it.

Thanks for you help

Tammy

I would not trust any company to keep track of my money for 2.5 years and not even have a cruise booked.

You should make yourself open a cruise-dedicated savings account and promise yourself that you will donate to it consistently without making withdrawals.

Good Luck!

"You can book a future cruise while on the Grand Princess next week, that will get you started."

Great idea - if you spend the money to buy Future Cruise Credits while onboard your upcoming cruise, you will have already financially committed to going again. That might give you the necessary incentive to consistently set aside the additional funds, in a dedicated savings account, needed to pay for your next cruise.

Sorry, but what is a ghost cruise? :confused:

It is a booking you make while onboard a Princess ship without choosing a sailing date or ship. Like make a reservation without picking where or when. You pay a lesser deposit of $100 and also receive shipboard credits, depending on the length of voyage you choose and the cabin category. This gives you 4 years to choose your ship and sailing date with a minimum of funds tied up for that time.

Hi Folks,

If I recall correctly once upon a time you could make payments towards a future cruise with Cunard it might have only applied to round the world cruises, may be its something that cruise compaines could offer providing we get some extra onboard credits or something for paying up front over a few years.

yours Shogun

You can book some cruises pretty far in advance. We booked our 20 months out. Then making payments is easy.

If you have online banking, some places let you open a separate savings account (as mentioned above) with just a few clicks of the mouse. Then you can set up an automatic transfer (monthly or whatever) into that account.

Another option is opening a CD at your bank that allows you to deposit into it. Have it mature just before final payment of your cruise. We recently did this and earned about $170 in interest. I divided that by the price of a tropical drink to see how many 'free' drinks I could have on the cruise.:D

Give the money to your husband to put away for you. Tell him to make sure each pay you give him some to put in the cruise account. I would rather have the money in my bank than Princess'. IMHO

My thoughts exactly, if DH is better at saving and more disciplined give him the money and have him save it in a cruise account, pay your deposit from it and then final and remainder can be for excursions:D :D Happy saving!!!

Love your ideas.

The CD may just work for me.

I will for sure purchase some cruise credit as a motivator.

I have the automatic transfer to my saving account already. Problem is I can transfer it back to checking account with the touch of a button anytime I feel the need which I often do.

It still requires discipline to hand over the money to my hubby.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your great idea's, awesome help.

Tammy:)

Archived