Cabin placement Mariner

safrwhitby

From what everyone says, you have nothing to worry about with the Mariner. It's the Navigator and the Voyager that have problems, and quite frankly I didn't feel anything on the Voyager. Go enjoy.

I was just on the Mariner in December and stayed in Cabin 898 (I believe)(very aft cabin). I only felt a "knocking" one night when the ship was cruising at full speed. Other than that, I slept like a baby (about 13 hours) every night!!!

Ragnar, one of the officers on the Navigator told me last year that those people who have good balance tend to get seasick more often. That of course would explain why I have never been seasick as I trip over air.

With the Eastern Caribbean they have to first go sail in the Atlantic. That can at times have strong swells which translates into more movement.

Just remember anyone can ask at the reception desk for meclyzine.

990 is our favorite suite on the Mariner. We've just booked it for 19 days next January. We've cruised in both Horizon and Seven Seas Aft suites. The corner balcony, separate sitting room and extra half bath in the Seven Seas Suites are great, but the Horizon suites' balconies (on decks 8, 9 and 10) are almost as large and the Horizon suites' closets are much larger and more convenient than those in the Seven Seas suites. We don't feel that the difference in cost for the Seven Seas suites is worth it. BTW, if you want to have a large stall shower, but no tub, book 992 instead.

Concerning vibration, it is minimal on the Mariner. We've rarely felt any except when the engines are being turned on or off during departures and arrivals.

Archived