Princess Bus Service

Karenhenn

It Is Called The Cruise Connection And It Is Wonderful.

You Board, Driver Loads Your Luggage. You Arrive At Port, Driver Takes Luggage Off, Porters Pick It Up And Take It To Ship.

Same Thing When You Get Back.......driver Gets Nice Tip You Get To Relax Once On The Bus. They Show Movies Or You Can Just Nap!

We've used the Cruise Connection twice, and will be using it again in 24 days. We love it, because it's no hassle, no long drive, no parking costs, no driving in a part of the state that we are not familiar with. With all that said, what's not to like?

From where we meet the bus, near Tampa, to drop off at the terminal in FLL is about a 6 hour ride on a very comfortable touring-type bus. The bus makes 3 more stops enroute to pick up additional PAX (if any are scheduled), as well as a +/- 20 minute pit stop at a fast food restaurant where PAX can get food and/or a beverage.

As a prevoius poster mentioned a movie is shown,after the last pickup, and is a nice diversion. The drivers we have encountered are friendly and polite.

I have to believe that if there were a delay in reaching the port, since this service is booked through Princess, we would not be left behind. (Just like excursions through the ship are safer because the ship won't depart without PAX on those excursions if they are delayed in returning to the ship. It happened to us in Panama, and the ship waited about an hour and a half for our tour group to reboard after our tour was held up in traffic traveling across Panama.)

We think the Cruise Connection is a great way to go.

Does anyone know if the 'Cruise Connection ' service is running yet fot the Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal? It wasn't last September I am hoping for

10-07 , I will be able to pick up some bus service from the Massachusetts/Providence area. Any info will be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the 'Cruise Connection ' service is running yet fot the Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal? It wasn't last September I am hoping for

10-07 , I will be able to pick up some bus service from the Massachusetts/Providence area. Any info will be appreciated.

While it doesn't go to the Brooklyn Red Hook terminal, check out http://www.limoliner.com/. It goes from either the Hilton Back Bay or from Framingham, and drops you off at the Hilton NY Midtown on 6th Avenue. At $79/each way in luxury seats, it's not a bad deal. Here's the page for the points of departure: http://www.limoliner.com/features/departure.html; schedule times on http://limoliner.com/features/schedule.html.

Thanks to all of you for your input. You can't beat the price either. With the way gas prices are these days. Plus you save the parking at the terminal. Still don't know if we will do it since we wouldn't get home till 7 or 8 Sunday night. No time to catch up before work Monday.

your travel agent or Princess as the cost is much less this way than going directly through Cruise Connection.

When you book it with your T.A. or Princess they call it the "Love Boat Express".

We have used it numerous times from Tampa Bay area - it's great.

I saw an ad for LIMOLINER which caught my eye...unfortunately it's an hour away..I was hoping they would have a stop in Prov. or near the Cape! Would you know how close that Hilton is to the Brooklyn cruise dock?

Thanks for the advice!

Patti

Hi the bus service for Red Hook starts May 2007. There is one from Boston, Springfield, Hartford one other stop, call your TA or Princess they can give you all the details.

Red icon7.gif

When we booked our 2/17/07 cruise directly through Princess, they were having a promo, so we got the Loveboat Express free. That in addition to OBC by using FCCs for the booking saved us about $150 each. Sweet!

LALAFRANCE - a party of approx 9 of us was going to take the "Princess Love Boat Express" bus out of Providence to Red Hook - I was quoted 2 prices $80 and $135, we were going to use this service, but then I found that after pick up in Providence it will stop in New London, New Haven and I believe Bridgeport before arriving at Red Hook. Instead, we have hired a private van $100 per person with pick up at my home to Red Hook - no stops. This will work out a little better for our larger group.

Thanks for that info, when we asked Princess they said nothing available yet. Since it is 2 of us it would cost too much unless we come across others from the New Bedford area. I have time to check around since we don' leave until 10-20 and we only need 1 way to NY we will be flying back from SJU.;)

So you're going on the Crown again,too? We are booked for Sept 6,2007.I really loved the ship. No suite this time but a balcony at least. Can't wait. Would have liked to go later but Sept 6 was the last one for the Carribbean before the New England cruises so we had no choice. Now if I would only fly!

Laura

LALAFRANCE - I didn't notice you were from the New Bedford area - so are we. Unfortunately, the timing isn't right - we will be on the May 12 cruise. So far, there are 9 of us and the van we have will fit 15. ENJOY your cruise. I guess you've already been and are going back which means you had a good time - that's GREAT because I'm in need of a good vacation.

Archived