Shampoo & Conditioner supply on the Star

twojays

We will be cruising Princess for the first time in two weeks. I read that shampoo, conditioner and body lotion is complimentary.

Would this be just for the first day, or does the supply get replenished at all?

I am just trying to reduce bringing unnecessary items.

Thanks

We really like the shampoo/conditioner and body wash, so much so that my DH sweet talked someone at Princess into an entire case of the stuff. That being said, if you are in a regular cabin, bring along a pair of scissors to cut the cardboard containers. If you're in a mini or up, then everything will be in bottles.

If you need more, just ask your steward.

Charlie

They will replenish it as you use it. Sometimes you need to watch what they put in, it's not always the one you've used up. We wound up with lots of the conditioner but ran out of the shampoo on two occasions. A tip that we got from a crewmember one time - keep some of the shampoo to use if you need to do some laundry. Two packets will do a load of wash. If you pack dryer sheets (they also keep everything in your suitcase smelling good) you'll save money. We've been doing this for years and it's always worked out great. In fact, if you leave the dryer sheets in your luggage when you get home, the luggage will always have a clean smell and you'll never have to pack them (the dryer sheets) again. You can get them (generic brands) at your local dollar stores. While there, pick up a couple of rain ponchos - much lighter to carry than an umbrella.

The hair products they give you are the ones they use in the spa salon. If I have any left at the end of the cruise they come home with me. You can also buy the products on board but they are a bit over priced imo.

Colo Cruiser thanks for the ebay tip :)

We were on the Star a month ago, in a normal room where the shampoo was in the card board containers, I had no need for a scissor to cut it open with. Its made for just twisting open and it works very well. The shampoo, conditioner and soap was of a very high quality. I loved it ! We had plenty and never ran out. Next time I will not bring any shampoo, conditioner or soap, what they provide is good.

What I did find very useful, as the bathroom was small, but very well laid out, was to hang a small to meduim sized ( not a big normal one, that would have been way too big for the area behind the door) see through shoe rack type make up bag, on the inside of the bathroom door on the 2 hooks that is standard on the inside of the door. Mine is a see through hanging type make up bag. I had all my make up/suntan lotion and other small odd and ends in there. When you close the bathroom door and you are standing infront of the wash basin, then this hanging behind the bathroom door see through bag, I had there, was with in very easy reach. I will forsure take mine again for our next cruise.. it was very handy.

Also in the shower is a retractable clothes line, I used to hang my swim wear on there every day, we took some clothes pins but never used them and I will not bring them along next time.

Bring as little as possible, you really need so little to have a fanstastic cruise.

Archived