"LIVE" from the*NEW*Century 01/27/07

Radio

Beth, I'm jealous. You'll be onboard for the Super Bowl. (We'll be on day after SuperBowl) Did you know the Century has big plans for a SuperBowl party on the 4th? The SuperBowl will be on all tv's in all public rooms ... including the Celebrity Theater - where they will have a "Colts Corner" and a "Bears Box." They will be having a party with trivia contests and more. Passengers are encouraged to bring their own signs and banners. That should be an absolute blast! GO BEARS!!!

Um..er.. excuse me... COLTS (Count On Losing The SuperBowl) will be defeated. :D :D Hope you enjoy your Century cruise to the max! Try not to let it spoil your trip! Oh, one more thing. Will you please tell them to leave the Bears banners up for the next cruise. We'll be celebrating all week! GO BEARS!

Hi Radio. Thanks so much for posting the picture of X waffles on your Radio's Cruise Page!!!:D They look so yummy....now I see what I missed on my 12/17/06 Millennium cruise. You are awesome. Thanks again.

1254682578_CelebrityWafflesPicTakenbyRadio1_06.jpg.a70e325b097913acd27b70487e770d12.jpg

Radio, your posts are fantastic. Thanks for giving us all the feeling that we're cruising right along with you!! Hope you're feeling better.

We won't be on Century this year, but are leaving March 18 on Infinity from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. Whoopee -- the docs arrived yesterday:D

Radio, your posts are fantastic. Thanks for giving us all the feeling that we're cruising right along with you!! Hope you're feeling better.

We won't be on Century this year, but are leaving March 18 on Infinity from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. Whoopee -- the docs arrived yesterday:D

Sharon

Are you sure you are on Infinity??? We will be on Millie Same Day - Same Places:D

Think you might still have Santa Cruz on you mind :D

Radio, keep up the good work your live posts & pics are brill

Let me add my thanks to you, Radio, for the great reports and pictures.

A question for you please: we'll be on Century next week and have arranged to meet a tour company at 9:00 am next week in Georgetown for Sting Ray City. Since this is not a ship excursion, will we be able to tender in on time? Thank you.

Just let them (Tender Staff) know about it when they are handing out Tender Tickets, you need to be off by 8:30. You will make it. Be in the Celebrity Theatre early...that where the tickets are...

Just got back.....Lots of pics later on. . . .

Radio

;) ;)

Just let them (Tender Staff) know about it when they are handing out Tender Tickets, you need to be off by 8:30. You will make it. Be in the Celebrity Theatre early...that where the tickets are...

Just got back.....Lots of pics later on. . . .

Radio

;) ;)

Great! Thank you so much. You are doing great PR for Celebrity. I hope they are treating you very well! Do you feel like you are traveling with hundreds of friends? Well you should. Because you are. Your virtual friends. Enjoy! :)

Sharon

Are you sure you are on Infinity??? We will be on Millie Same Day - Same Places:D

Think you might still have Santa Cruz on you mind :D

Radio, keep up the good work your live posts & pics are brill

Thanks, Malc, might have been a "senior moment" :rolleyes:-- we're on Infinity in September for the Vancouver-Alaska-San Francisco repo cruise (and then there's definitely no stop in Santa Cruz)!!

Radio,

Here's another HUGE thank you for you. Your effort is much appreciated! Very thoughtful of you to do this for everyone else's benefit.

If you can find one, I would love to see what the upper berths look like in a VERANDA CABIN. I am concerned about how much space I would lose and am considering upgrading. A photo would be fantastic if you happen to pass an open door at the right cabin!

Thanks again for the the play by play!

Radio - If you have the chance, we are staying in cabins 9103 & 9107, could you sneak inside and take a picture? Also, could you find out if there is a firewall between the 2 cabins? In the beck plans, there is a darker line between the 2 and I am not sure what it is.

Thanks!!

Hello everyone!! Today was a great day…sort of. We were at anchor extremely early. The first tender went ashore a little after 7AM. I think that I left to go ashore around noon. Thanks for all of the well wishes. I thought I would not be able to go at all today, (I have been to GC many, many times) I really wanted to get a few pics and vids. I will be making a NEW Century Slide/Vid show soon (See Below).

It seemed that everyone from all ships left when I did to come ashore. Georgetown was packed… Wow, I have never seen it so busy. I’m sure it can get much busier when 6 or more ships are in port. I really just walked around, and shopped. I went to Hard Rock and Margaritaville (There is something about that place that makes you want visit whenever you can!) I was able to enjoy a great cup of Cuban Coffee, and a very nice Cuban sandwich. (I am sure that Cruise Ships will be sailing to Havana Soon!)

I must have been wrong about the Norwegian Majesty in Grand Cayman…She was no where in sight. Miracle just left, and the Magic is leaving soon. The water was crystal blue, and clear…It was better than clear…It was shimmering! ! I returned to the ship about 2PM, and was very glad to get back”home”.

We should be sailing for Miami today at 5PM. Tonight’s entertainment will be the Comedy of Louis Johnson, an 80’s retro Party in the Hemisphere, and a Sock Hop in the Crystal Room. A Captains Club Meeting will be held tonight at 745 as well. The Cat’s Pajamas seem to be in the Cova Café every night at 8PM. I have a reservation for Murano at 6PM.

I was surprised to read in “Celebrity Today” that “For your convenience, complimentary consultations and treatment in our Medical Facility are available for all gastro intestinal illnesses” I was not aware of this fact. . .

Here are some pics from today…. There are dozens more on my Cruise Photo Page (just Click below)

I should be posting tomorrow and Friday to try to answer any questions that have not been so far.

Thanks for tuning in!!

Radio

I was very disappointed in the piano guy in Michael's Club. This would normally be the place I would spend a lot of time, but to me "Piano Bar" means The Great American Songbook. The fellow in there now is young, doesn't know the GAS and yells the songs from the 80's and 90's that he does perform. His repetoire was more suited to the guitarist performing by the pool and in the Sunset Bar.

Doesn't the cruise ship get upset with some of the pictures you take, example entertainment?

J

On my past cruises, the pre-show announcement is quite emphatic about video taping and flash photography, but I've never had a problem with taking existing light photos. Most consumer cameras aren't well equipped for this, so the majority of vacation "snapshots" taken during a show aren't going to come out very good.

Theron

On my past cruises, the pre-show announcement is quite emphatic about video taping and flash photography, but I've never had a problem with taking existing light photos. Most consumer cameras aren't well equipped for this, so the majorty of vacation "snapshots" taken during a show aren't going to come out very good.

Theron

Theron is right...I never use flash while in the Theatre... I take usually 10 -20 photos just to get 1 or 2 that I like.... Here is an example taken in the Celebrity Theatre on Sunday night....

I am, of course a non professional photographer. . . It was originally a 6mb photo, then I had to resize it immensely to uoload through through Celebrity Wi-Fi, and onto Cruise Critic.

Radio

;) ;)

image.jpg

Hi Radio. What is the yellow gadget with wire hanging that's on your balcony railing as shown in one of your pictures? :confused: We always carry our Garmin GPS on cruises and use it on our balcony so I'm wondering if it's your GPS. You were so right...the water was shimmering today. Fabulous pictures. Glad you had a great day.

Hi Radio. What is the yellow gadget with wire hanging that's on your balcony railing as shown in one of your pictures? :confused: We always carry our Garmin GPS on cruises and use it on our balcony so I'm wondering if it's your GPS. You were so right...the water was shimmering today. Fabulous pictures. Glad you had a great day.

That is an Earthmate GPS Device by Delorme, that is connected to my laptop. I use it to track the position of the ship for speed, distance, proximity etc. . . I also have a Garmin portable handheld that I take on every cruise.

The Earthmate provides much nicer dispalys on a laptop monitor. While checking the GPS this morning...it looks like we may have altered our course and may be stopping...see below. Our speed is 21 kts, and our heading is 254 (SW)

I hope everything is OK. . .

Radio

image.jpg

Radio - keep us posted on the change of course....

We are still heading toward Mexico...It has just been announced that a Crew Member is in need of Medical attention, and we will be going to Cancun, MEX for a medical evacuation. We should arrive in Cancun in just under 90 min.(9:30AM) This will delay our arrival in Miami.

They suggested that we will be posted on the delay as info is available.

I hope everything is OK with the crew member. . . I will keep everyone posted with details as they are available. . .

Radio

Archived