Royal Caribbean Visa Card

corsies

Interesting that you are the only person to report this issue... If there was supposed to be a RCCL Signature Visa, I would have thought both the bank and the cruise line would have widely advertised it... Seems like confusion at both ends... again.

LL :cool:

Good point LL, my thoughts exactly. ;)

Figured I would ask here so as not to clutter the board with another credit card question...if we use our points for an OBC, and do not use the full amount, do we receive the cash or is it lost? On our last cruise, DH fell ill, so as a result, we had zero bar tab and our on board bill was very low. So didn't know if we would lose that OBC if something like that were to happen again. TIA!

Figured I would ask here so as not to clutter the board with another credit card question...if we use our points for an OBC, and do not use the full amount, do we receive the cash or is it lost? On our last cruise, DH fell ill, so as a result, we had zero bar tab and our on board bill was very low. So didn't know if we would lose that OBC if something like that were to happen again. TIA!

Your OBC will appear on your SeaPass account (which you can check daily on the TV). If you have used a credit card and there is a credit at the completion of your cruise on your account, due to not using up all your OBC..that credit will appear on your next credit card statment.

In other words...........You Will Not Lose It......If You Don't Use It.:)

that I've had almost 3 years is still active, so I get the double RCCL points. Still no $100OBC certs, which the gal told me I had to cash in or possibly lose with the new card, still no listing of perks we get from B of A on the Platinum Plus which MBNA had nothing much and it 2 weeks.

RCCL was very interested, as their Marketing Mgr was looking at this thread to read my 1/22 post on upgrade to RCCL Signature Visa & then a week later I am rudely told THAT CARD DOESN"T EXIST. So then why does your fellow Manager as the C/S reps call themselves, tell me I got an upgrade? In a week I am not told differently by a real Manager who pays you? RCCL was not too happy with what happened, they didn't know about no perks with the card such as warranty extension, lost luggage coverage & other items this RCCL Signature Visa was to have. I gave him scans of what I was sent about all the perks. So maybe they will get this card for us instead of Plat Plus.

With $250 the usual OBC for 2 week cruises we do, we are nearing what we paid for the stock, so that will be a freebie for us. The $15 dividend, next one is March 30, is what is taxed. So we are lucking out!!!

Huh???!!?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MACOP, it would help us out so much in understanding the point you're wishing to convey if you would organize your thoughts when posting rather than typing your thoughts in a random, willy-nilly fashion.

As an experienced cruiser, I'm sure you have plenty of valuable guidance you can provide to other cruisers. But when you post with such an unorganized approach, many times we can't understand what the heck it is you're saying. Then your readers get frustrated because they've wasted time reading a post that's either confusing or downright impossible to decode.

Another question - don't want to stop this thread quite yet! lol

I recently mailed in a $50 OBC cert (approximately 1 month before my cruise). I'm worried that I didn't mail it soon enough. Is there a way for me to verify that C&A received them?

As always, I appreciate your help. :D

I recently mailed in a $50 OBC cert (approximately 1 month before my cruise). I'm worried that I didn't mail it soon enough. Is there a way for me to verify that C&A received them?

Michele, call 1-888-305-4626.......that's RCI Points Center and they will verify for you if they have received it.

Hope this helps.

Michele, I just e-mailed C&A and they responded by verifying that I not only had my $200 OBC for booking while on last years cruise (I learned that right here on this wonderful website) and that my $200 in vouchers had also been received and applied. (I got my RCI card while onboard last year also, so my deposit was on the card earning points) Isn't this a wonderul site!

So I have now booked my air, my hotel (pre & post), and my tours. I have MFP and PP'd so now I just need to order the cab and pack. And then wait until March 10th. :o

GO BEARS! :D

Michele, I just e-mailed C&A and they responded by verifying that I not only had my $200 OBC for booking while on last years cruise (I learned that right here on this wonderful website) and that my $200 in vouchers had also been received and applied. (I got my RCI card while onboard last year also, so my deposit was on the card earning points) Isn't this a wonderul site!

Excellent news!!! Just an FYI - if your OBC doesn't show up on your account the first day of your cruise don't worry, most of the time it takes 2 to 3 days :D

###

So I have now booked my air, my hotel (pre & post), and my tours. I have MFP and PP'd so now I just need to order the cab and pack. And then wait until March 10th. :o

Good for you curly............I knew you could do it. Hope you have a wonderful cruise..........and spend all that money wisely........ya hear!!;)

Certificates must be sent in before final payment is due.....since final payment is usually due approx. 70 days prior to sailing, I would give yourself at least 3 months before sailing to send them in. It takes approximately 45 days to apply once received. The time constraints here might have improved since the inception of the card. You might want to call RCI at the number below and find out exactly how soon the certificates must be received.

Any questions about the certificates once you have sent them in, you can call RCI at 1-888-305-4626.

I posted to this thread yesterday, but it seems to have ended up in cyberspace somewhere:D I just wanted to post that the time constraints have improved! The written documentation for the RCCL visa indicates that Onboard Credit Certificates must be RECEIVED by RCCL at least (& no later than) 5 days before the sailing. This would make sense, since it is a cruiseline card, they expect you to be charging and using it for cruising. :)

I posted to this thread yesterday, but it seems to have ended up in cyberspace somewhere:D I just wanted to post that the time constraints have improved! The written documentation for the RCCL visa indicates that Onboard Credit Certificates must be RECEIVED by RCCL at least (& no later than) 5 days before the sailing. This would make sense, since it is a cruiseline card, they expect you to be charging and using it for cruising. :)

Thanks Patti, I found that out since posting. Guess they are better organized now than in the beginning.

I posted a question and cyperspace ate it.

We are looking to start cruising with RCCL (after years with Carnival). Carnival's card is now a joke (but it used to be really really good)

My question is:

do you have to use their TA or can you use your own??

Dawn...am I correctly understanding your post to say that you're needing someone to go along with you and DH to carry your bags on March 10????? :D

I posted a question and cyperspace ate it.

We are looking to start cruising with RCCL (after years with Carnival). Carnival's card is now a joke (but it used to be really really good)

My question is:

do you have to use their TA or can you use your own??

We just recently received the card, after dropping our United Airlines card. We will only have enough points for a $50 OBC for our cruise in May, so I can adress the OBC, it is separate from what you do with a TA. You can submit the certificates directly to RCCL or you can have your TA submit them. (control freak here, I would always submit them myself:D )

There is no "special" RCCL TA that you use to redeem the BofA Visa points. It is either RCCL directly or your own TA that you have a good working relationship with. That other thread about "certificates" was a different credit card and redemption procedures. :)

We just recently received the card, after dropping our United Airlines card. We will only have enough points for a $50 OBC for our cruise in May, so I can adress the OBC, it is separate from what you do with a TA. You can submit the certificates directly to RCCL or you can have your TA submit them. (control freak here, I would always submit them myself:D )

There is no "special" RCCL TA that you use to redeem the BofA Visa points. It is either RCCL directly or your own TA that you have a good working relationship with. That other thread about "certificates" was a different credit card and redemption procedures. :)

Yes you get them from B of A (RCCL credi card servicer) and submit them to the crown & anchor - You can even get the certificate # over the phone at the time you request them and give them to c&a over the phone to start the process but you MUST send the certs in also.

I was so excited about knowing the answer that I forgot to notice that it wasn't a question but a statement. !

Dawn...am I correctly understanding your post to say that you're needing someone to go along with you and DH to carry your bags on March 10????? :D
Well our cabin does sleep 4 - two in those pullmans. But it is the Empress and even though it is an oceanview it is a very small cabin and DH and I are not too small ourselves so it might be very cozy. But since I do all of the luggage handling (dh can't) all help would be appreciated. So come on down!

Woo Hoo, my first double post!

Archived