Lido on Noordam January 6, 2007 Cruise......

sail7seas

Oh how good it is!!!!

We thought Noordam's Lido to be too temptingly delicious. I have good will power but this was ridiculous. How to resist all those choices.

We only went to Lido breakfast time once or twice and it was very hard to by pass all those delicious looking pancakes and waffles with strawberries and syrups.

We stuck with omelettes and scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and must admit to enjoying a muffin or two throughout our cruise.

But, we were at Lido for almost every lunch. (For the first time ever, we had lunch in Pinnacle on this cruise one time).

It isn't possible for me to imagine that anyone could come to that Lido and not have a hard time choosing between many items that appealed to them.

The pasta bar daily was wonderful; stir fry station amazing; deli sandwiches great; the regular buffet line had so many choices and I loved the salad bar. And the Pizza. And big platter of sushi . And and and ........

One thing I saw done on Noordam's salad bar I have not seen elsewhere is they put out the caesar salad bowl at the end of the sandwich bar but they did not toss the dressing. GREAT IMO....... It didn't sit there all wilty and soupy in too much dressing. They had a container of dressing and the croutons and grated parmesan in place for each person to add what they liked. I loved being able to make my usual salad and then go there for a treat of a little caesar dressing. Normally I stick with olive oil and balsamic vinegar so for me it was a treat to be able to enjoy a taste of the caesar but control that it was just a small spoonful I put on my salad. I loved they gave us that choice.

I truly cannot think of anything I would add to that so generous display at lunch.

We loved the food on Noordam......in Lido and in the dining room and our waist lines are 'pinching a bit of an inch' to prove it. :)

One thing I really want to add is that we never stood in any kind of long line. We never felt it was over crowded and always found a table with minimal effort.

One day I was at the sandwich bar and there were two people in front of me. As I waited my turn, a supervisor came over to tell me there was no line on the other side if I wished to move over there I could be helped immediately. I was really impressed with that. Gee..... we weren't the only two people on the ship. Others certainly were going to get sandwiches and for me to only have two people ahead of me was no wait at all, I didn't think. But he wanted me to know there was the choice to not wait at all. Impressive IMO

Sail, thanks for telling us about the Noordam Lido. Hearing your report of the Noordam Lido reminds of how much I do miss the Lido on the Vista Class ships. Our last 3 HAL ships have been S or R class and while they are very nice they do not quite have the extensive selection that the Vista Class has. Lucky for me my next two cruises on the Oosterdam and Noordam:)

And within a week, another cruiser will come here to tell us they did not enjoy the food in the Lido, not enough choices and the lines were too long.

That's where having a sense of who is posting can make a big difference.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Archived