Carnival Triumph,is it as bad as I read about!!

delmar60

My wife and I are going on a first time cruise in Dec 2007 out of New Orleans. I have read quite a few reviews about the "Triumph" and it appears it might be awful!! We are concerned that we might be making a mistake!! Anybody out there that can help us. Thanks:)

We were on the Triumph the week of Jan 6-13 and honestly......it was the best cruise! I never smelled anything bad, the water slide was always open as scheduled, the hot tubs were always working as scheduled, the pools were always open as scheduled, the crew was very friendly, the ship was clean, the food was great, etc.

Be careful believing what you read. You have to really take everything with a grain of salt. Some people find bad in everything and others make the best of bad situations. If you go on your cruise just knowing it's going to be horrible......most likely it will be. If you go with a positive attitude and enjoy yourself....it will be amazing. The ship is large, the ship is nice and the crew is great. If there were stains on the carpet or brass that wasn't shiny.....I certainly didn't notice it. I was too busy having a great time! :)

If you have specific questions......feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

We are going back on the Triumph for the third time in June. We loved it the first two times and I have no reason to think we won't have a great time on it again. I have read negative comments about every cruise we've ever been on, and it hasn't colored my opinion of our cruises. Some people complain about everything and some are just the opposite. We are realistic. :)

I am going on the Triumph on Feb 17 to Western Carib. This is our first cruise, so I have been reading everything I can and to be honest, the people who say bad things dont really bother me. The things they have complained about seem petty to me. I will give a review when I come back. If you want me to email, send your address over.

Nellyann

Some people just like to -itch. If you say the sky is blue they disagree.

My family has been on the Triumph 2 times in a row. The ship was always clean. Everywhere you looked some was cleaning. When you were in port some was outside of the ship scrubbing or painting. The crew in all areas was great. My kids loved Camp Carnival. My only complaint the Pursor's Desk was slow but they were busy. Don't let anyone dampen your vacation. go and enjoy.

I loved the Truimph as well, the only thing we noticed was a slight odor in the theatre the first couple of nights. Any crew you asked did tell you it was a sewer problem that had already been repaired and they were still cleaning and ventilating the mess below decks. This could happen on ANY ship and often does. The crew on the Truimph was the best - I enjoyed them so much I cruised twice with them in a month!!!!

Reviews are very important. But you do have to be able to interprete them correctly.

When you read a bad review, ask yourself 3 things:

1. Are these legitimate complaints or does someone just have a starfish up their fanny? Legitimate complaints will be specific. Dismiss generalizations and blatant exaggerations.

2. If they are legitimate complaints, do they apply to you? (IE: Someone without children won't care that Camp Carnival wasn't open enough, etc)

3. If they are legitimate and they do apply to you, can you still go ~~knowing these things~~ and have a great time? Yes. I can tell you that on 14 different Carnival ships, the Sirloin Strip has always been tough and dry (with the exception of the Miracle). But all I eat is beef and I know the rest of the beef fare will be fine. I order the steak every time, knowing that I won't be able to cut it with a butter knife...but I will be ok with that.

The most important thing to pack is a good attitude. Traveling is an adventure and cruising is no different. Some cruises have been better than others, but I have never gone on one that I wished I had not booked.

Short of the ship sinking, I will have a great time. Even if the ship sinks, as long as no one is hurt and they give me enough perks for my trouble.... I will still have a good time!!!

I too was worried last July when we sailed on the Fantasy. I had heard bad things on this board regarding that ship. It was our first cruise. I did not tell my wife about any of the criticism. I went with an open mind. I too feel that if someone has a gripe, that is fine, whether or not it will pertain to me, I will have to wait and see. We had a great time on the Fantasy. It was crowded and had tons of kids, but we enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided before we returned to port that we would definately do another one. We sail on the Triumph on Saturday Feb 3. Your cruise, like anything else will be what you make of it. Do not go into it with any negativity because you will be miserable and so will anyone that you cruise with. Just have fun and let any minor inconveniences roll of your back. Who give a rats patootie what other people think?:)

Stop reading the reviews! You'll have a great time. I'm like you and get worried when I read the reviews. Most of the bad reviews are written by people who just like to complain. Get tips and ideas of what to do from this board. The good reviews will help. Bad reviews are usually written by idiots who complain about everything, everywhere. (FYI --I have given my two cents about things I didn't like on some ships but we've always had a great time).

Enjoy the Triumph!

We were ont he ship Jan 6th-13th as well with Gumballz. It was a wonderful cruise :) We did not notice the age of the ship. Nor did we smell anything odd.

The service was great, the pool area was crowded but fun and then wait staff was wonderful.

I wrote a review that you could check out. It is an honest review......maybe that will put your mind at ease.

Enjoy your cruise

I would really take with a grain of salt any review or remarks that rates a cruise as less than average. Folks who do don't seem to be happy unless they are unhappy... :rolleyes:

On a 5 star scale... I really can't imagine a 3 star cruise ever occuring, let alone a 1 or 2 star cruise. A cruise is what you make of it. I always make my cruise a 5 star event.:)

We sail on the Triumph on Saturday Feb 3. :)

Hi Vet!

You are on our cruise. I have not seen you posting on our thread, but I've not been paying close attention the last few weeks.

Nice to see other posters who will be on our ship!

My wife and I are going on a first time cruise in Dec 2007 out of New Orleans. I have read quite a few reviews about the "Triumph" and it appears it might be awful!! We are concerned that we might be making a mistake!! Anybody out there that can help us. Thanks:)

The Triumph is one of my favorite ships. It's too bad they are not letting it come to NYC in the next few years. You are not making a mistake. I had so much fun on it I booked another cruise on the Triumph. Would I do that if it wasn't a nice ship and I didn't have a good time on it? Have a good time.

I was on this ship April 06, prior to my going I also saw alot of negative reviews. Luckily I was spending alot of time on CC and learned to take other persons' opinions for simply what they were...an opinion.

Needless to say...the ship IMO was very well kept, the shows were great, my cabin attendant and dining room waiters were great and even our fellow passengers were great...Yup...you guessed it...the cruise on a whole was GREAT:D;).

PSYCHBOSS....do you have connections to Barbados? I ask because your avatar contains an integral part of our national flag?

Archived