Wine on Board & Corking Fee

I have heard numerous different things in regards to bringing wine on board. I have heard that they charge a $12 corking fee for wine at dinner. If this is the case, then I am assuming that wine can be brought to dinner. I am going on a cruise for 4 days on Enchantment of the Seas on 2/8, and I want to take numerous bottles on board. Does anyone know the policy on this?

Yes, Royal Caribbean has a very clear policy, as stated on their website and in their documents.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=0000nW5EJzlqQbMIwjEG9zy5qSI:10ktmf1jr#1

Can I bring my own liquor, beer or wine onboard?

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them

The policy is clear. Enforcement is spotty. But they may still try to charge you corkage if you bring a bottle into the dining room, whether it's something you purchased from them or a bottle you received from a TA, gift basket, etc.

If you pre-order from RCI's website, you will see that you have the option of having wine delivered to your cabin or to the dining room. It notes that having it delivered to the DR will save you the corkage fee, thus IMPLYING that having it delivered to the cabin and then bringing it to the DR will result in a corkage fee, the amount of which is not stated (used to be $10-12 per bottle).

Archived