Shrimp Cereal

Wheresthesalt

IM CRUISING IN MARCH AND LOVE SEAFOOD UNFORTUNATELY I LIVE IN THE SOUTH DAKOTA NOW, AND THEIR IDEA OF SEAFOOD IS SOMETHING BATTERED AND FRIED, HAVING SAID THAT I PLAN ON EATING SEAFOOD FOR EVERY MEAL. IS THE SEAFOOD GONNA BE AS I AM ANTICIPATING AND WHAT IS THE CHANCES OF SOME SORT OF SEAFOOD FOR BREAKFAST? I AM WILLING TO TRY SHRIMP CEREAL EVEN:p

IM CRUISING IN MARCH AND LOVE SEAFOOD UNFORTUNATELY I LIVE IN THE SOUTH DAKOTA NOW, AND THEIR IDEA OF SEAFOOD IS SOMETHING BATTERED AND FRIED, HAVING SAID THAT I PLAN ON EATING SEAFOOD FOR EVERY MEAL. IS THE SEAFOOD GONNA BE AS I AM ANTICIPATING AND WHAT IS THE CHANCES OF SOME SORT OF SEAFOOD FOR BREAKFAST? I AM WILLING TO TRY SHRIMP CEREAL EVEN:p

I order smoked salmon for breakfast every morning from room service. Also bagels cream cheese, coffee, and juice. mmmmmmmmmm cant wait for breakfast in bed again.

Oh my husband is from Sioux Falls. I made a seafood feast for his family. One of them said they really liked the shrimp cocktail but wasn't too sure about the crunchy outside!!!! LOL it was peel and eat shrimp. He didn't know to take the shell off first. :eek:

Well in order to get the most fresh fish possible i recomend booking a aft balcony on the lowest deck possible then having someone get you a large metal hook and a few thousand feet of cable. and do some fishing off the back of the boat who knows you might be the first person ever to yell i snagged a whale can i keep it on a cruise ship

I think shrimp salad is on the room service menu that you can get 24 - 7.

Now down here in the deep south ( about 40 miles south of NOLA )

we live on seafood and today we are boiling a sack of crawfish, I would invite you over to join us but its a little far to travel from South Dakota some mud bugs.

Have a great cruise Wheresthesalt

Hey Host Terry,

I live in the seafood capital of these great United States and I have never tried shrimp and grits....But I will be giving it a shot

I think shrimp salad is on the room service menu that you can get 24 - 7.

Now down here in the deep south ( about 40 miles south of NOLA )

we live on seafood and today we are boiling a sack of crawfish, I would invite you over to join us but its a little far to travel from South Dakota some mud bugs.

Have a great cruise Wheresthesalt

Hey Host Terry,

I live in the seafood capital of these great United States and I have never tried shrimp and grits....But I will be giving it a shot

http://www.recipezaar.com/64628

Try this recipe for starters!

Thanks H Terry, just took a pack of shrimp out the freezer and they are defrosting now, Thanks:D

Life is good

shrimp and grits for breakfast and crawfish boil this afternoon;)

Salmon n cream cheese omlette with capers...yummm-eeeee..Holiday chef dosent mind, where 2 wks ago on another line..it was impossible..and their dep day menu is a shortened version of reg. menu..no specialties

Soooo its bk to CCL..CCL..CCL for me..judi..I lv t'mro for Mobile, and then again last of Feb..ya hooooooooo..judi

Salmon n cream cheese omlette with capers...yummm-eeeee..Holiday chef dosent mind, where 2 wks ago on another line..it was impossible..and their dep day menu is a shortened version of reg. menu..no specialties

Soooo its bk to CCL..CCL..CCL for me..judi..I lv t'mro for Mobile, and then again last of Feb..ya hooooooooo..judi

I think this thread is makeing us all hungry

I was at a little diner in downtown Baltimore a few years back who claimed their specialty was omelets. They had about 15 listed and the bottom one was for lump crab meat and some fancy cheese. The price was at the top and said each omelet was $7.95. Sounded great, and with every bite I moaned. It was the best ever.

When I finished I asked my friend "how can they make an omelet like that for $7.95?" He said the OTHER omelets were that price, the bottom one said market price in fine print at the bottom. When The $23 bill came, the worlds greatest breakfast was not so great. Life is often about perspective.:rolleyes:

So much for that diet I was gonna start today!:D OK, I'm a sounthern dummy! I don't think I've ever had seafood for breakfast....until now!

marcandstacey00...If I thoughly enjoyed a meal so much it made me moan I would pay that price...very often...:D Life's short..ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!

HAPPY CRUISING DREAMS EVERYBODY!

Hey y'all. Shrimp 'n Grits isn't a breakfast dish. It's an entree served mostly at a luncheon or brunch. And yes, it's delicious!

I've never heard of Shrimp Cereal - would tend to make me gag just thinking about it.:p

On Carnival, the only 'fish/seafood' you get in the breakfast hours is smoked salmon (lox and bagels) and mostly through room service. I have seen 'whiting' fish on b'fast buffets before - but not in the South. Eww.

For brunch or luncheons, I've often served omelettes w/Hollandaise and lump white crabmeat, but not shrimp. Some seafood lends itself to breakfast/brunch times, others definitely do not.;)

For brunch or luncheons, I've often served omelettes w/Hollandaise and lump white crabmeat, but not shrimp. Some seafood lends itself to breakfast/brunch times, others definitely do not.;)

We have a restaurant here in my town that serves the best benedict around. They have several different kinds. DH orders the traditional and I order the Shrimp & Avocado Benedict. To die for! Maybe it is a California thing, not sure. The shrimp are larger bay shrimp and very yummy. Give it a try sometime. Oh man! I think we need to go there for breakfast tomorrow!

Now I have just added the shrimp salad to my list of things that I didn't try on the Pride that I need to try on the next cruise. Ughhh more than 10 months away!

Hey y'all. Shrimp 'n Grits isn't a breakfast dish. It's an entree served mostly at a luncheon or brunch.

Sorry to disappoint you but here in the land of Bubba Gump you can eat Shrimp and Grits anytime! Atlantic Shrimp (especially Atlantic Brown) are so much better than Gulf shrimp - Also Friends don't let friends eat imported shrimp!

Archived