Princess & Groups

psbtrvlr

Check with your travel agent.

they are giving our group... a $50.00 per cabin credit.

and....one free berth per 8 cabins booked.

If I could ever find a decent travel agent, I might do that. However, I have yet to find one. Because I travel a lot, several people have approached me to organize a group cruise. Before I do this, I want to know if it is worth my time. I found the information on the Carnival website, I just haven't been able to find it on the Princess site.

I recommend a travel agent too. Just returned from our second group cruise (10 couples) and ours was able to negotiate a $75 per person room credit, which covered the automatic daily tips.

Maybe the one we're trying out this time will work out for us.

Our group heading out on CB in February got no amenties. It depends on the sailing so be flexible with dates.

The article I read said that you are given a choice of 3 travel agents. It's looked to me like there is one in particular that is being used on the groups that are out there. (I didn't look at them all, but many of them) Did you have a choice of 3 agencies? Is it the agencies or Princess that does the amenities? You, as the group leader, still received free berth, didn't you? Do you know why you were not offered amenities?

Thanks for the heads up!

Pam

The article I read said that you are given a choice of 3 travel agents. It's looked to me like there is one in particular that is being used on the groups that are out there. (I didn't look at them all, but many of them) Did you have a choice of 3 agencies? Is it the agencies or Princess that does the amenities? You, as the group leader, still received free berth, didn't you? Do you know why you were not offered amenities?

Thanks for the heads up!

Pam

Best way to get all your questions answered is to send an email to LauraS and she can fill you in on the CruiseCritic process. She's very response to these types of questions and I've found her to be of great help.

You may want to contact some agencies just to get an idea of how they would do a group cruise and compare notes.

Julia

Best way to get all your questions answered is to send an email to LauraS and she can fill you in on the CruiseCritic process. She's very response to these types of questions and I've found her to be of great help.

You may want to contact some agencies just to get an idea of how they would do a group cruise and compare notes.

Julia

Thanks. I'll do that.

The Cruise Critic group cruises are a wonderfull idea but I think they fall short in some areas. First you are limited in your choice of agencies that handle the group. A good majority of the CC groups could get better value by shopping around.

On the plus side you will be able to advertise your group here on Cruise Critic and may be able to pick up additional cabins. Take a look at the Carnival board and you will see a lot of posts advertising their group cruise.

Also, out of curiosity, how many people and/or cabins did you end up with?

28 cabins.

In the begining I was seeing a lot of agencies that were offering a better price on our Princess cruise. I kept an eye on the prices and saw a resident special happening.. the agent was able to get some of the group the resident special- I saved almost 700 with that special.

My next group is onboard Carnival Liberty (for the second time) and I have yet to see any agency to meet the quote we have now.

Princess doesn't always have group amenities available on all cruises. They stop booking them if a sailing is selling out well.

We were unable to get a group when we sailed the Crown with a group - they simply had stopped taking group bookings.

Amenities are based on the number of berths if you can get a group booking.

I contacted CC with my questions. I didn't get my questions answered, but I did find out that CC doesn't want to promote anymore Mediterranean cruises due to slow sales. My questions were directed towards possibly forming a group for a 2008 Mediterranean cruise. Oh well. :(

Archived