Roll Call Pride Athens-Lisbon 4/24-5/12/07

bldsld

Guess who's on this cruise? Want to share a cab to the airport? LOL! Thanks for suggesting this cruise. It's perfect for us. Wally and Carol, I wish you could join us on this cruise, the good doctors too.

I'm counting down the days.......

Julie

• 1 month later...

Hi Denyse!

I´m glad that you finally received my “manual”.

It was hard work getting it to you, due to your email filter. I´m really looking forward to our Pride crossing now! I wish you and Ken a great cruise on the Pride. I´m sure you will like captain Rikard Lorentzen too. He is very kind and open.

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

P.s. Again I couldn´t get this to you

And I think it is your problem, because I clicked on “ answer” in your mail to me and then you can´t receive it!

That´s why I tried this option. I´ve copied the above text to a new email, that I tried to send to you, but that failed too.

That´s why I go "public" now!

Denyse,

Did not work for both addresses.

Server rejected mail from address, Diagnostic code: BL003 blocked for spam

But I don't have problems with others.

Maybe it is my paper decoration?

I've Spamfighter and AVG installed

cid:image002.gif@01C7622D.25C3FC80

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.7/713 - Release Date: 7-3-2007 9:24

I'm thinking about getting a private car and driver to do a day tour of some of the charming hill towns in Tuscany, instead of going into Rome, on the day we stop in Civitivecchia. If you are interested, drop me an email. My email is address is my screenname@yahoo.com

This is an example from a driver name Claudio that people recommend: "He took us on a lovely tour of Orvieto (because we wanted to look at some ceramics), Montepulciano (wine & olive oil tastings), Montalcino (more wine tastings) and Piensa (fabulous ice cream). This was around 8 hours."

This is going to be a great cruise!

Julie

Hi Denyse - in an unexpected turn of events - we will now be on this cruise with you! My TA called on Friday with an offer from Seabourn that we could not pass up to give up our suite on the March 31st sailing. We are disembarking early in Monte Carlo however. More later.....! We are looking forward to seeing and sailing with you again.

Hi Matt,

Looking forward to seeing you again! It's a great itinerary, even if you have to leave in Monte Carlo. You will get to do most of the cruise, the part that looks most interesting.

Denyse

Denyse (and others), I'm curious what your flight arrangements are. We are flying MIA-MAD-ATH on Iberia. I have a half day sightseeing tour booked for Athens before dropping us off at the port. I've read some reviews about Iberia being late, but we have a 6 hour layover in MAD. Coming back is very tight, so a delay in MAD would work to our advantage!

Matt,

We are flying Lufthansa, San Francisco-Athens (change planes in Frankfurt), departing on April 22nd and arriving the night of the 23rd. We're staying at the Intercontinental for one night. My guess is we will be so exhausted from 23 hours of travel, we are likely to just sleep until we board the ship the next day. You have a distinct advantage flying from the east coast!

I don't know anything about Iberia, so I can't offer an opinion about their timeliness.

Denyse

Matt, I've flown Lufthansa many times. Their business class is very good, and it's a non-stop from San Francisco to Frankfurt, which is great if you're flying from the west coast. On one occasion, our luggage didn't make the connection to Barcelona, and they delivered it promptly the next morning to our hotel. They are very efficient, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived