Change Dining Arrangements

fredms

I am sailing on the Freedom next Sunday (can't believe it!!!).

To check my dining reservation once onboard - where do I go? Also I will want to book reservations for Chops and Portofino's - where do I do that and how do I check the week's menu's to figure out which night I want to do specialty dining?

Anything else I should be thinking to do immediately when boarding (aside from getting a fru fru drink)?

As soon as you board, go to the dining room and check. You can request a smaller table, if they have one you should surely get it. On our cruise this past Oct., we had requested a table for 2 and didn't get it. On board, my husband requested and and our request was honored no problem. We were in the second seating and the dining room did have a few empty tables though.

That is always one of my traditions...right after finding my room and grabbing a bite at the windjammer..is going to the dining room and finding my table. That way, if it needs to be changed, it can me right away. If you are interested in Chops or Portofinos, I would stop by there while you getting a bite in the windjammer when you first get on board.

I'd like to make reservations at either of the specialty restaurants on our upcoming cruise. However, I was wondering if there is any way I can figure out which night to make the reservation. I know I should make the reservation as soon as we board. Will the restaurants have the dining room menus for the week?

Thanks for your help.

Jill

To hijack a tad... are the specialty restaurants harder to book on formal nights as you're all dressed up, or on the other nights as it gives some an additional day to dress if they wanted.... or simply no rhyme or reason. Any ideas or helpful hints... first time with supper club.

We are also interested in dining at Chops and Portofino during our upcoming cruise. We don't want to miss dinner in the dining room if the menu looks good, though. Usually, there are a couple of nights when the menu seems so-so to us, and those are the nights we'd like to try the specialty restaurants. Do they post the menus for the week, and if so, where?

When we were on our Brilliance cruise last month, we went to Chops on the day of boarding to make our reservation. They didn't have the dining room menus for the entire cruise, but they did have a schedule of the *dress codes* for each night in the dining room. We chose to make our reservation on a night that was scheduled to be *casual attire* and also on a night when the ship would be in port until 7 p.m. This way we were pretty sure that we wouldn't be missing anything *special* in the dining room. Our plan worked out exactly as we'd hoped it would because when we went to check the dining room menu when it was posted that day, there was nothing on it that made us feel like we were missing anything. We plan to follow that same theory on our upcoming Enchantment cruise this October. Happy sailing and happy dining. We think Chops was worth every penny--it was a wonderful dining experience!

Archived