Switching Passengers in Rooms??

LiLBxQt

My TA placed the wrong pax in the wrong rooms b/c of needing a past guest in each room for some upgrades...Now my question is...

When and How do I go about fixing all of this mess ??? Is it hard to do?

Thanks for the replies in advance!!!

That happened to us on our first cruise...We just went to the pursers desk after we were onboard and it was fixed from there. We also let our steward know. Not to worry, it'll work out. Just let them know when you get onboard. Happy sailing....

It's not a problem at all. The only thing that you will need to do is change the cards at the pursers or at check in at the port. I recently did this for my up and coming August cruise because we are bringing a bunch of friends with us who have never cruised before. The PVP told me it is done all the time and that they don't care at the pursers desk. With ours since it is an older ship they don't have one card for everything like the Miracle, she said there is a sail and sign and there is a seperate room key so all we will need to do is switch the room keys and let them know when we check in which credit card is going on which S&S. You won't have a problem.

No problem Mon! :p

We just got off the Conquest earlier this month. Our PVP booked my DIL and myself in one cabin, and my husband and son in the next cabin so we could get the past guest discount (they had sailed Carnival before, DH and I hadn't).

Went down to the Purser's Desk that 1st evening and they changed DIL's card to her husband's room, and changed DH's card to my room. Purser's desk took the original cards they were given at check-in and gave them new ones. Had their credit card info transfer over onto the new ones too. Took them all of 2 minutes to do it. I think this is a common reguest for them. ;)

THX to everyone for the responses!!! It was really bothering me and I tried searchin on here for the answer and the search feature doesnt always seem to want to work =/

I'm sure there's others on here that had been wondering the same thing!!!!

One thing not to forget is to change the credit card assigned with the card as well. We did the old switch aroo to take my in laws on their first cruise and we switched the rooms with the Purser but they left her onmy card. One day I was checking our folio on the TV and noticed a huge charge in the spa I was going to report a miss billing when my mother in law fessed that she got suckered into buying alot of stuff from the spa she wend to the pursers and got everythign switched over with no problem except for embarresment.

Seems like a lot of work-- I dont understand if we can do it at the pursers desk--- why bother with the paperwork in the beinging when booking.

My son (22) is getting married to GF (20) onboard Liberty in August.

Friends want to go but a lot of friends are age 20 so they cant cruise unless someone is 25... so I am moving a LOT of cabins around. (Pursers desk will be mighty busy that day)

can we not change it when we are checking in? (Since we are all checking in together for the wedding)

What happend to the picture on the sign and sail card when we all get new cards? Do we just get new cabin keys and the sign and sail card stays the same?

We have to get extra cards every time we sail.

It's not that big a deal.

Don't get worried.

The original card they issue will be an "ID card" to get on and off the ship and to charge things.

Get another card at the pursers desk. This will act as a door key.

I take a black sharpie and write Key or ID on each card. Don't ever write your cabin number on the card unless you want someone to have access to your cabin/expense account. (I get a key card for each cabin we've booked as some teenagers can oversleep and it's good for them to anticipate unexpected visits from mom:p )

Don't worry about switching bodies around in cabins. The cruise line couldn't care less. It's just like on an airplane. You can switch seats within the same catagory with whoever wants to switch seats with you. They don't go around and do a roll call.

Archived