tipping vouchers

inthewind

I am going on the mariner in a couple of weeks. I know that you can get tipping vouchers by putting them on your sea pass card. Can you get them on any day on the ship, or do you have to wait to the last day to purchase them? And also do they leave a form you can fill out prior in your room? Was on disney ship before and that is what they did.

You can put your tips on your seapass at any time during the cruise. If you do, you MUST tip the minimum recommended amout. (You can add more, if you choose, but not less!) Or, if you wish to tip more to an individual, you can always add cash to the tip envelope.

At the end of your cruise, they will deliver the tip envelopes to your cabin, with the tip "vouchers", so that you will have something to hand to those who have served you.

We find that tipping in cash is the easiest (and most appreciated) way to go.

You cannot wait until the last day to purchase them. There is a form you fill out & take to the purser's desk; I can't remember whether it was in my cabin or whether I saw a notice about it and went to the purser's desk to geet the form. But there is a deadline for filling it out and turning it in, to give them time to process all the vouchers.

Someone tell me what you mean by vouchers and what do you do with them? We have, on previous cruises, had the tip automatically added to our account each day but have never received vouchers and this time we prepaid our tips by adding them to our payment. ???

What they mean by vouchers: They are like receipts that show that you have prepaid your gratuities and we were on the Rhapsody earlier this month and they left them in our rooms with envelopes a couple of days before the end of the cruise. You have the option of adding more tip to the envelope or just putting the voucher in the envelope. We added money because the service was outstanding and we personally gave them to each waiter and the room attendant.:D Hope this helps

Archived