Noon Flight in Ft Lauderdale

avalon1025

I've never been to Florida, but I can tell you that if elected president I'll push to have connecting flights to any port, be it Dallas, Cincinnati, or even Jackson Hole, this is a promise I make to my fellow cruisers, so when you're at the poles, what unreliable button should you push, me, or someone that wants to keep the ports on the coasts, the decision is yours!

It's only a 10 minute cab ride from the Ft. Lauderdale port to the airport. We've never had a problem getting a cab. It's a quick round trip for them. Even if you don't get off the ship until 10, you shouldn't have any trouble getting to the airport.

It's true that the airport in Ft Lauderdale is close to the cruise port. But if there are 6 ships in port the airport will be a zoo. Don't forget you are to get to the airport at least two hours ahead of time. We came into Ft Lauderdale last Saturday and with, I think it was 3 ships in port the airport was a mess. Our ship, Celebrity Summit, docked at 7AM, but we didn't get off until about 10:15AM, then you go through Customs, find your luggage, find a taxi, check in at the airport, check your luggage,and get into the security screening line. But to answer your question, I wouldn't be comfortable with a 12:15 flight.:confused:

I've never been to Florida, but I can tell you that if elected president I'll push to have connecting flights to any port, be it Dallas, Cincinnati, or even Jackson Hole, this is a promise I make to my fellow cruisers, so when you're at the poles, what unreliable button should you push, me, or someone that wants to keep the ports on the coasts, the decision is yours!

----------------------------------------------------------------

any issues making a 12:15 flight in Ft Lauderdale on the day the ship get back into port? Should I arrange for a car to take us from the ship (there are 6 ships in port on that day)

Thanks

Off topic, but how was your cruise on Prinsendam? Would love to read your review!

We were there in June (and have been there many times). 11:30AM plus flights have no problem. You may get stressed because the security lines are long but they do come out and expedite people on early flights.

So just close your eyes while standing in line and remember what a great cruise you had.

Or send money to Newt for his election campaign.

Would definitely suggest getting a taxi to the airport. We used Celebrities

shuttle the last time into FLL. Long story but we were 27 minutes before our flight and of course you have to be there 30 minutes prior to flight. Our luggage made the flight, but we couldn't get out until the following afternoon.

Finally got home about 8 pm the next day. I think if I were to go that route again I would be sure to find a taxi for the trip to the airport.

We also returned to Port Everglages this Saturday (1/27/07) and took a cab to FLL. The cab ride was quick but the lines at the airport were very long. We had a 2:30 flight so there was no problem, when we originally booked our flights we had considered the 11:30 am flight but were glad we opted for the later one because 11:30 would definately have been cutting it close.

any issues making a 12:15 flight in Ft Lauderdale on the day the ship get back into port? Should I arrange for a car to take us from the ship (there are 6 ships in port on that day)

Don't stress, you will have time. As everyone says the pier is close to the airport. Use a cab, they will be plentiful and you can always use curbside checkin to avoid the long lines in the terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity was as helpful as it could have been - they put us in the first disembarkation group - but the ship was a bit late arriving, there were other ships in port, they closed down one of the security lines, and we were "selected" for extra security. We (correctly) assumed we'd be able to get a cab right away; that was no problem. Even though the airport did its very best to expedite us through all of this, it was very, very stressful and required a lot of running at top speed (literally) trying to catch our flight. If we made it, you probably will, too, but if we had to do it again, we'd opt for a later flight. It just wasn't the best way to end a relaxing vacation!

Hi all,

thanks for all the input, unfortunately we could only get the 12:15 flight in order to make a connection to get back to San Francisco, we are in a suite so we can hopefully get an early disembarcation time. We are also flying first class so we can check in at a shorter line (hopefully).

The Prinsendam was just lovely. A great ship, perfectly maintained and the cate S's are wonderful. Great service and interesting first time ports (Mayaguez). I did get the virus onboard and was confined to my cabin for the first two days (yuk), thankfully I had that suite to roam around in. Its not fun to anyone who get the virus, its horrible! The lido was great, everything was cooked to order...the upside to a ship with only 700 passengers. Room service was onpar (presentation wise) with Seabourn or Silversea. I have to say, though sick, my cabin steward took care of me like I was his family.

Next cruise is the Infinity from Chile back to Ft Lauderdale...Celebrity says no flights earlier than 12 noon, so I should be OK!

You will be fine....in a suite ...ask your butler for early disembarkation tags...get a cab and go!! First class...easy line they say 90 min check in but you really only need 1 hour for baggage etc...so no problem!! We have done it many times...especially if your last port is a USVI..they clear you there. Have fun!!!

We had a 11:15 AM flight in January. Had no problems getting off the ship and to the airport in time. In fact we had to wait to go through security because we were there to early.

I would not worry, just be the first off the ship, get a taxi and you should be fine.

Archived