Port Question

EvilMuffins

I've been trying to locate the Cruise Port on Grand Turk for some time and found some information that told me the port was on the south side of the island. However, it said that that port was only Carnival ships only. DO they mean Carnival ships or Carnival Corp. Ships? Where do other ships dock? And is that south port where Margaritaville is located?

We were on Back-to-back cruises on Holland America in Dec. and both weeks stopped at the cruise port in Grand Turk. It's the only one and it's brand new....many of the shops were not occupied yet. There was also a Costa ship in the first time we stopped so I'm assuming Grand Turk can be used by all the lines in the Carnival parent company. As you've probably already read, there were chairs and sunshades free right off the end of the pier. There was also a very nice taxi plaza with prices posted right on a map of the island so there was no question how much it would cost per person to go anywhere. Scooters were also available to rent at the plaza. The water was beautiful there!

• 4 weeks later...

I just checked the calendar at http://www.grandturkcc.com and, through the end of 2007, I saw mostly ships from the Carnival family, including CCL, Holland America and Princess.

I also saw such non-Carnival lines as Regent Seven Seas, Oceania, Fred Olsen Cruises, Celebrity, SeaDream and Crystal Cruises.

So, the island and its Carnival-built pier are not the exclusive domain of CCL and co.

Archived