Nachi Cocom for $50 or Reef Club for $40 ??

Indiana Jones

Island Marketing has both of these all inclusives available...as they look similar to me does anyone have opinions/ideas on which one to do or to not do from past experience ??

there are multiple threads on each resort, I've written quite a bit on the Nachi Cocum thread so there is no use in repeating it all again...

Hi we chose the Reef club. We have not visited but after speaking to the individuals who own these two resorts we decided that Reef club offered what we were looking for. Basically it boiled down to the small things. We wanted the kayaks,hobie cats for the kids. They also have 3 pools w/ slides, a buffet and a restaurant. But the little things clenched it...ie the beach towels,lockers, showers,smaller crowds, ect. Also the snorkeling is nicer there, the beach has just been re-sanded (since the hurricane) and Paradise Beach is a five minute walk down the beach, so if we want to ck it out also, it is nearby. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and praying it will be as nice as we've been told.:rolleyes:

Just to let you know-there are NO lockers at the Reef Club. Also, be aware that the beach/water is VERY rocky. I made it up to my kneecaps (I'm 5'11") and it was just getting worse. There were other people from my ship there who said it was rock all the way out to where they got up on the small iceberg/slide thing/water loungers. It was definitely disappointing. However, the Reef Club is very nice overall-nice facilities. The pool is great! I spent my time in the pool. I was sad about the beach though. It was murky too (couldn't see to the bottom).

I don't know, but I never saw a swim up bar at the Reef club. I was in the pool and you had to get out to go get a drink either in the restaurant or poolside food area. However, it was not a swim up bar...

Maybe that was NC. They have a swim up bar for the pool AND hot tub! :)

Just to let you know-there are NO lockers at the Reef Club. Also, be aware that the beach/water is VERY rocky. I made it up to my kneecaps (I'm 5'11") and it was just getting worse. There were other people from my ship there who said it was rock all the way out to where they got up on the small iceberg/slide thing/water loungers. It was definitely disappointing. However, the Reef Club is very nice overall-nice facilities. The pool is great! I spent my time in the pool. I was sad about the beach though. It was murky too (couldn't see to the bottom).

We were here in Nov. 2006, there was not an iceberg at the Reef Club, only down at Paradise Beach. As for being rocky, it was rocky in spots, but not the entire beach. The chairs were very nice to sit in and the food was outstanding. Yes, it was smaller, but we had the place nearly to ourselves. That in itself made it so worth it!!

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the info Jenna. I'm not too worried about the rocks, as we are well used to it, being that our local beaches here require water socks or shoes almost all the time. As for the lockers, I called again and was assured they do indeed have lockers to rent. Maybe they are new....regardless I'll be making sure I don't bring anything overly valuable just in case they are full of ****. LOL What was your overall "FOOD" experience? We are doing the all inclusive bit, I'd like to know your opinion on the food u had to choose from. Thanks!

Island Marketing has both of these all inclusives available...as they look similar to me does anyone have opinions/ideas on which one to do or to not do from past experience ??

I've been to both...Nachi Cocum wins hands down. You order food fresh from the menu, which is extensive. The food and drink are freshly made to order.

We were at Nachi Cocum last week. The beach is powdery sand all the way as far as you cn go into the ocean. No rocks anywhere. When we took the snorkel tour from Nochi, we snorkeled in between Playa Mia area and Reef Club. Then when we were done, he dropped us off at the Reef Club to head back to the ship. The Reef Club is nice (I made a quick stop for the ladies room) but Nachi wins hands down for beach area. The Reef Club didn't even come close. After seeing them both, I would easily pay $20 more per person for Nachi.

• 2 weeks later...

I had asked people at the front desk and the place where we got our towels. They said, "No lockers!" Psh. We docked at Punta Langosta/whatever is the downtown pier (I think? Valor is only going there four times this year, we were one of thsoe sailings). There's lots of shopping downtown. It's pretty nice. As far as the food...it was okay/borderline very bland. On the otherhand, I thought the alcohol was terrible. I personally don't feel I got $40 worth there, which is sad. I didn't get in the water other than up to my kneecaps because it was so rocky. They ran out of beer too, which I guess is saying, "Our mixed drinks were terrible."

We were at the Reef Club in early Feb. There are lockers at the side of the shack that you check the hobies and kayaks out from. We had been told there were no lockers at the front desk as well. You do have to pay $5 for the day to use them. We love sailing and we chose the Reef Club just for the Hobies. The beach is ok. Do NOT play sand volleyball because there is cement under the sand (I have a nice scar to prove it). The food was not good at the sit down restaurant. We were told by people that were staying there that it is hit and miss. We still enjoyed the peace and quiet of the beach. It is rocky but if you bring the water socks you will be fine.

Archived