Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We just got off the Majesty of the Seas, and where in cabin 8096 oceanview obstructed. The view wasn't bad, but it was a very small room for 3 adults. There is a mens public restroom right a round the corner from this cabin...it gets kinda smelly. I would suggest anyone booking this room should take in to consideration that its only 122 square feet, for 2 it would be fine. The disco is also around the corner, we had no problems with noise.

Henepup

Will Room 1240 have noise problems because of it's location? It appears that it might be the case...

Nope you are seperated by a sound barrier.

We stood outside the disco every night to check it out- and we heard nothing at all. Then we went upstairs-- through the revolving doors and wow.

If you're on RC Splendour, stay away from 8559! It sits underneath a very heavy door and all night long we heard.....squeeeeeeek......SLAM! I was pulling my hair out by the end of the trip!:eek:

Looks to be under the solorium- What you were probably hearing is the chairs being moved around-- then dropped.

Dont ever book under a pool deck.

Carnival Ecstasy, room E181 - a 1A

It's a nice room, BUT....

It's right underneath one of the dining rooms (as are all the rooms on this end of this deck), so when the waiters are dancing during dinner, man, do you hear it!

ALSO - as the room closest to the elevators, you DO hear them ding-ding-dinging ALL NIGHT LONG (and this would apply to the 1A rooms closest to the elevators on other decks as well)

Also, what's up with the fake window and curtain in an inside cabin? Why not just put a mirror or a nice picture there? Who do they think they're fooling?

We are going on the Ecstasy on Nov. 1 and we have E199 which is very close to the cabin you were describing. We have an outside cabin, but I was wondering if it was loud during dinner time??? I know you stated it got pretty loud when the waiters danced, but other than that?? Did you have any other problems with these cabins??? :)

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with either of these rooms? Do I need to change. I know that 6169 is above the palladium's balcony. We will more than likely not be in the room that often, but what about the rooms around us. 1161 is on the bottom of the ship and is an oceanview. Both of these rooms are next to the rotunda elevators. Please advise.

Thanks

Dont ever book under a pool deck.

Oh dear, now I am worried all over again:( We are booked on Star Princess for our very first cruise. Have been "upgraded" to A409, on Aloha deck, and now read your comment above. I also would love to know what the white area is for, behind the cabin, if anyone can tell me?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with either of these rooms? Do I need to change. I know that 6169 is above the palladium's balcony. We will more than likely not be in the room that often, but what about the rooms around us. 1161 is on the bottom of the ship and is an oceanview. Both of these rooms are next to the rotunda elevators. Please advise.

Thanks

actually the riveria deck is not the bottom of the ship there are a few decks below that one that houses the crew and the medical facilities. Food storage etc are below.

Riveria deck is very quiet. Long journey to get somewhere else . 1161 is a connecting room. you might her noise from the other cabin.

This room was horrible! The floor was hot! My feet felt sunburnt all week! Not to mention one of the crew doors was right behind my bed, so all night and early morning it was slamming as well. Very noisy and warm!

I would avoid this room!

Erica

Oh great yesterday they just gave us a two deck upgrade and we are in 8441 of the Glory, the last balcony cabin from the end. This is right below the pizzaria and aft pool too. Now I am thinking this is not an upgrade at all What should I do...HELP!!!

Oh great yesterday they just gave us a two deck upgrade and we are in 8441 of the Glory, the last balcony cabin from the end. This is right below the pizzaria and aft pool too. Now I am thinking this is not an upgrade at all What should I do...HELP!!!

You are far enough away from the pizza kitchen- actually on the other side of the ship-- for the noise to bother you. The grill is on your side and is NOT opened 24 hours a day.

You are not located where the lounge chairs are. I think its a good location.

You are far enough away from the pizza kitchen- actually on the other side of the ship-- for the noise to bother you. The grill is on your side and is NOT opened 24 hours a day.

You are not located where the lounge chairs are. I think its a good location. The

Pride....cabin 6150 Anyone have this room before or happen to have a pic or something close?

6150 is a regular cat 8C balcony cabin- the room will look like the rest.

the balcony is narrow.

this is the miracle same class as the pride== and kinda inverted- so imagine this pic and reverse it.

283581491TIjSQB_th.jpg

to the right of those lifeboats--up one deck to the right of see where the balconies kinda jut out some. that first one is like what you will have.

except when standing at the rail--those life boats will be to your right

BEWARE! This ocean view cabin is all the way forward. We had rough seas and heard loud bangs throughout the night and the motion made me queasy, something I have never experienced before on a cruise.

My room mate also heard the people next door - first begging for mercy out of fear and then 'other' noises.

Although the Sovereign is being taken out of the RCCL line, her sister ships may also give you the same bumpy and noisy ride if you choose this location.