Checking luggage at the dock

nrunnion

Would someone please explain again the procedure for checking your luggage with US Air at the dock and them taking it to the airport. I think this was discussed before but I can't find it. Do you see the purser for this?

NR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
definitely american and i believe united does also.

steve

american only does for a few cruise lines, Princess I know is not one of them.

Here are their participating cruise lines.

Participating Cruise Lines

- Royal Caribbean International

- Celebrity Cruises

- Holland

- Norwegian Cruise Line

If the airline you are flying home on offers the check at the pier option,(American, Delta, US Air, not sure about United) you will receive a form in your cabin a few days before your departure. You must fill out all your flight information and return the form to the guest relations desk by the deadline. The $10 charge pp will be added to your sea pass account.

After disembarking, you go to the luggage holding area, pick up your luggage, go through customs and bring it to the airline check-in desk at the pier (there will be porters if you require assistance to get your luggage to the check-in area). Hand over your luggage and your done!!

We loved this option when we used it two weeks ago. :)

Forgot to add the your also get your boarding passes when you use the "check luggage at the pier" option. The night before you leave you receive airline stickers for your luggage and your boarding pass in your room. When you arrive at the airport, all you need to do is go through security. Eliminates the need to check in at the airline desk in the airport!

You can do this service if you are using transfers through the cruiseline taking a taxi to the airport or going on a post cruise excursion.

Cruisecamp is exactly right...we flew Delta, checked luggage at pier and with boarding passes in hand enjoyed the day in San Juan until arriving at airport. 3rd time we have cruised out of San Juan and I have always hated the airport and the crowd. This was very easy. Best $10 I have spent

Archived