Carnival Sensation Category 4A

sbeth

I am booking my first cruise and the best deal I can find is an inside guarantee category 4A. I don't mind a tiny room but I'd hate to have my boyfriend and I try to manage a "bunk bed" lay out. Does anyone know if category 4A is an upper/lower or 2 convertable twins? Thank you!

(by the way, we are pretty sure we're doing the carnival sensation but are close to choosing either carnival celebration or royal caribbean sovereign of the seas and welcome any opinoins)

Cat 4 A does not have bunk beds.

You could get a lower rate by cruising in an IS guarantee. This places you anywhere on the ship. You COULD get an upgrade to a higher deck- you COULD get an upgrade to an oceanview cabin. Its all the luck of the draw.

Only 1As have the bunk confrig in the cabins.

Carnival has bigger cabins then the Royal ship. On the Sensation the room is used for sleeping and showering. You wont be in the cabin that much- especially for first time cruisers.

Take an alarm clock- the inside cabins are VERY dark and you could sleep the day away if not woke up.

A night light comes in handy to make those trips to the bathroom without waking each other up to turn on the light.

Thank you so much! I booked it and am so excited. If I get an upgrade, that is wonderful, but I'm happy as long as I don't have bunkbeds. Thanks for the alarm clock tip - I'll be sure to bring one. I don't want to sleep my time away!

I was trying to save money and I booked an inside cabin on the Sensation. After I made the last payment I called Carnival and asked what would it cost to upgrade to an oceanview cabin. It cost $30.00 total. I don't know why it was so cheap but we upgraded. You might want to try it.

I was trying to save money and I booked an inside cabin on the Sensation. After I made the last payment I called Carnival and asked what would it cost to upgrade to an oceanview cabin. It cost $30.00 total. I don't know why it was so cheap but we upgraded. You might want to try it.

when it gets close to sailing and there are lots of rooms available the upper rooms are let go for a lot cheaper so they can move the cheaper rooms.

keep checking prices to see if your cruise came down compared to what you paid.

Thanks for the tip! I just went the the carnival website to investigate and it is showing that I'm the in 5A category! I don't want to get too excited but it looks like I've been moved from an inside stateroom to an oceanview! I was really nervous about booking my first cruise, but so far, it's been great and I'm not even on the boat yet.

! I was really nervous about booking my first cruise, but so far, it's been great and I'm not even on the boat yet.

Thats all normal...I am heading out on my 9th cruise in 17 days and I still stress and worry and be nervous--all kicks in when you check in-- get your embarkation photo taken (that you buy later in the week) and you walk into that atrium for the very first time.

Archived