Island Marketing--Grand Cayman Charter--should I worry

shark Fan

Looking to book a charter in Grand Cayman for 23 people with Island Marketing ltd. This was my second question.

It states in your terms that refunds will not be given for late arrivals. What if our ship is late. Will our tour just start at a later time or will a refund be given?

Thanks,

And their answer.

"Late arrivals are unfortunately a part of life, how many times were you late for work last year? Last month? Last week? Today?!?! If you are notoriously late perhaps reserving a timed excursion is not necessarily the best idea. Late arrival no-shows so far this year are 0.5% of all reserved passengers (we reserve thousands a week in various ports, I will admit that it is a very rare event) All excursions are organized with enough time to reach the excursion meeting before departure, if allowing enough time is not a possibility due to your ship arrival/departure time we will not reserve your excursion, simple as that.

We understand on very rare occasions tendering is a problem making everyone reserved on your excursion late, we are prepared for that, but do not sleep in and expect 30 others to wait for you, that will not happen!"

If a ship arrives too late for the excursion (a very rare occasion) your deposit would be refunded if the tour cannot be held back (that would of course depend on the type of tour, no tour was indicated in your e-mail...)

Should I worry about this company. How friendly are there tours?

Huh that was their answer -well if I were you and you were not loosing money I would tell this lot to - you know where the sun don't sun.... You are the paying client - no reason to patronize or lecture you!!!

We used Island Marketing and had a great time. I think what they are worried about are people who just dawdle along and don't think they need to be where they need to be when they need to be there. They have stated that if the SHIP is late, it is a different scenario.

You are chartering their boat, and I bet you will all get there as soon as possible.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Archived