Summer Vacation Dates

cococruiser

Most children don't go back to school until the day after labor day. However, some of the children go back the last week in Auguest. In Virginia we have some children that go to school all year and have mini breaks. If you are trying to avoid children that you need to pick after the first Monday in Sept.

Happy cruising!

We have some friends that always go in Auguest and they say a bunch of kids are always on the ship no matter which one they go on. Of course like you they have children with them. The only thing you really need to worry about is our Hurricane season which runs from June 1 until November. I wish when I was younger I could afford a cruise for the kids to enjoy. Have fun!

Yes , the hurricane season was a worry when booking but we are trying to put it the back of our minds and hope for the best!!.

Our children break up from school at the end of June and return at the beginning of September. They have 9 weeks Summer vacation , it is a long time to keep them amused!

They are so excited about going to New York!

In Brentwood, we start at the end of July, but that is very abnormal (as a teacher, it sure took me a while to get used to it!). I went on a Disney cruise at the beginning of September, and there were lots of kids - but maybe because it was Disney? There should be lots of kids in August, though! :)

If you are cruising the first 3 weeks of august there will be plenty of kids onboard.

The last week of August not being so. In the few cruises we have taken during the last week-- the most kids we had onboard ws 35 kids under the age of 18.

Some schools go back at the end of August and some do not return to school until after Labor DAy. It depends on the school district.

Hi there

I am a UK visitor. We have booked a family cruise in August 07 . Could anyone please let me know are US children off school for vacation at that time. I presume that they are but was just wondering!

Thanks.

In our school district (the second largest in the US), most kids are out from the last week of June until the day after Labor Day (which is the first Monday in Sept.). The exceptions are those on a year-round track and a few schools that begin their fall term in August. Unfortunately, our local high school is in that last category, which is ridiculous as the temperatures here are usually in the 100s at that time. Hope that changes in the next five years before our daughter goes there.

Archived