Canvas Prints

desertSol

Anyone get a canvas print? We just got back from a Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Carnival Spirit and I got a delightful picture of my son printed on canvas on the ship. So now what do I do? Is it proper to stretch it or can I just mat and frame?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Anyone get a canvas print? We just got back from a Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Carnival Spirit and I got a delightful picture of my son printed on canvas on the ship. So now what do I do? Is it proper to stretch it or can I just mat and frame?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Stretching will work fine or, if the print goes all the way to the edge and you don't want to lose any of the print, you may want to take it to a reputable photo lab and have it dry-mounted on a foamcor or gatorboard backing. Most canvas prints are Giclee prints done on treated sheets of canvas with a high-end inkjet printer and will stand up to dry-mounting. It would be, however, a good idea to ask the lab's opinion on how their particular process might affect it.

Dave

Stretching will work fine or, if the print goes all the way to the edge and you don't want to lose any of the print, you may want to take it to a reputable photo lab and have it dry-mounted on a foamcor or gatorboard backing. Most canvas prints are Giclee prints done on treated sheets of canvas with a high-end inkjet printer and will stand up to dry-mounting. It would be, however, a good idea to ask the lab's opinion on how their particular process might affect it.

Dave

i agree. check with the lab that printed it or your favorite frame shop. either should know how to mount it. i used to dry (heat) mount photos on canvas and #40 board routinely. today, i routinely dry mount everything, but i haven't mounted a canvas lately. definitely a nice look.

Archived