Paul Gauguin Lautoka to Papeete June 3, 2007

Texed

We are booked on this cruise, but we do not know much about Fiji. Is anyone on this cruise, or has anyone been to Fiji. We are in the process of trying to get more info on Lautoka, Yasawa, and Savusavu. Any input from someone that has been there will be appreciated. :)

We're on the 19 May Papeete to Lautoka cruise the week before you. We're doing a 6 day post cruise on Viti Levu (same island as Lautoka and Nadi) so we've looked into some things. Hope you find these sites helpful. I'm not recommending the resorts or hotels in the sites but thier web pages do talk about activities. They also have links to "related sites." I also have Frommer's and Moon's Guides to Fiji and found both helpful.

http://www.bulafiji.com/ Official Fiji Web site

http://www.starfishblue.com/ Where we're staying post cruise

http://www.fiji4less.com/

http://www.wananavu.com/

http://www.robinsoncrusoeislandfiji.com/

Ed, you will recognize a couple on your cruise that were on the PG in June 2005. We had met them the previous year and had such a good time that when we choose the same cruise for 2005 we spent much of our time together (we all like snorkeling). They'll be looking for you & Jacque onboard. I wish we were going to be on this one too!

Ed, you will recognize a couple on your cruise that were on the PG in June 2005. We had met them the previous year and had such a good time that when we choose the same cruise for 2005 we spent much of our time together (we all like snorkeling). They'll be looking for you & Jacque onboard. I wish we were going to be on this one too!

Fantastic! We love to snorkel also. I am trying to talk Jacque into getting dive certified before we go. :)

We're on the 19 May Papeete to Lautoka cruise the week before you. We're doing a 6 day post cruise on Viti Levu (same island as Lautoka and Nadi) so we've looked into some things. Hope you find these sites helpful.

Thank you so much for the great info. :)

The roll call for the cruise just before this one has some posters. Anyone joining us yet?

Hi: The group is growing, most of us are posting on the other site. Not sure how we got two postings started, but will try and just use one of them. We are trying to get a lunch group together for the first day. I am going over 3 days early, what day are you flying out. This is my 3 time on the PG, but first time to Fiji llike most of the rest. I also will be staying 4 days post cruise in Fiji.

Mike

We're on the 19 May Papeete to Lautoka cruise the week before you. We're doing a 6 day post cruise on Viti Levu (same island as Lautoka and Nadi) so we've looked into some things. Hope you find these sites helpful. I'm not recommending the resorts or hotels in the sites but thier web pages do talk about activities. They also have links to "related sites." I also have Frommer's and Moon's Guides to Fiji and found both helpful.

http://www.bulafiji.com/ Official Fiji Web site

http://www.starfishblue.com/ Where we're staying post cruise

http://www.fiji4less.com/

http://www.wananavu.com/

http://www.robinsoncrusoeislandfiji.com/

Thanks for the sites, they are a low of help, I am also staying 4, days post cruise on the Island. Looking forward to meeting all on the ship

Mike

I am going over 3 days early, what day are you flying out. This is my 3 time on the PG, but first time to Fiji llike most of the rest. I also will be staying 4 days post cruise in Fiji.

Mike

Mike,

We are leaving on June 1, and we arrive early morning on June 3rd. We are supplied a day room for a few hours at the Westin Denaru. :)

Mike,

We are leaving on June 1, and we arrive early morning on June 3rd. We are supplied a day room for a few hours at the Westin Denaru. :)

I am on the May 18th Cruise, so I will be checking into the Westin Denaru on the 3rd for 4 days, same day you will be getting on the ship. I will try and post our cruise with any information that may help you on yours.

Have a great cruise

Mike

I will try and post our cruise with any information that may help you on yours.

Mike

Mike, that would be great. Thanks in advance. We have done Tahiti twice, and PG once, but never to Fiji. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ed, you will recognize a couple on your cruise that were on the PG in June 2005. They'll be looking for you & Jacque onboard. I wish we were going to be on this one too!

Kathy,

If you talk to your friends, tell them to post on so we can compare excursions/activities. :)

Hi Texed & Jacque,

Just want to say hi and let you know you are not alone on the June 3rd cruise Lautoka to Fiji. We are the friends of Kathy who will be on the cruise.

We met you and Jacque on the 10 day cruise awhile back.

So nice to be going on the Gauguin again. This will be our 3rd cruise.

We were in Fiji in Sept. but only visited Navini, it had the best snorkeling we ever experienced. Navini's reef is protected, no fishing for some 15 years. Beautiful color and so many fish. It was wonderful !

We arrive in Nadi on Saturday (very early) and stay over at the Sheraton in Lautoka until Sunday, Sunday we board the ship. There is a local market in Lautoka we hope to visit on Saturday.

I see that Regent has not posted excurisions for the Fuji part of the cruise, hopefully they will soon.

We will keep in touch...

Patricia & Chris

Patricia & Chris - I'm so happy to officially welcome you to posting on Cruise Critic!

You know I'd love to be on this cruise with you if the cost and the time had fit into our schedule. But at about exactly the same time you posted today I was on the telephone with a local friend who called to tell us the happy news that their daughter is being married on June 2nd. We've known this girl since she was about 4 years old and she is one year younger than our son. We also have a wedding to go to on June 9th. I think I'll wear my Tahitian pearls to both weddings!

Hi Texed & Jacque,

Just want to say hi and let you know you are not alone on the June 3rd cruise Lautoka to Fiji. We are the friends of Kathy who will be on the cruise.

We met you and Jacque on the 10 day cruise awhile back.

So nice to be going on the Gauguin again. This will be our 3rd cruise.

We will keep in touch...

Patricia & Chris

We are so pleased to hear from you. I was about to think we were the only ones on CC that was going. :)

We arrive early Sunday morning, will have a day room for a few hours, and then go to the ship. I had heard about the Market in Lautoka also, but I don't know if we will get to go.

They do have a few excursions posted on June 4th for Lautoka.

Please post on often so we won't be lonesome. :)

I just recently booked the June 3ed cruise. I din't know much about the South Pacific, but am researching now. I booked through Vantage Travel, but have not received air flights yet. What do you have?

Welcome to our roll call. It is so nice to have picked up some folks for our cruise. The snorkeling should be wonderful. We have been to French Polynesia twice, but this is a first to Fiji.

We booked our flights through Regent, but we deviated the flights. We are not arriving until June 3rd early morning, so it will be June 4th before we can do anything. But, I think Patricia and Chris are into snorkeling also, so we should have a great group. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Texed and Jacque,

Hope you had a great time on Celebrity's Millennium. We are booked on their Expedition to the Galapagos in the fall.

But first it's back to the Gauguin. Can't wait to see all the new islands on the itinerary. Should be some great snorkeling.:)

Patricia

Texed and Jacque,

Hope you had a great time on Celebrity's Millennium. We are booked on their Expedition to the Galapagos in the fall.

Patricia

We had a great time on Millennium. Thank you for asking. To us, a cruise is always great. :)

We would love to go on Expedition. Quest and Journey look wonderful also. :D

Hi all,

We are booked on the June 3rd sailing of the Gauguin and this is our first time on the Regent Line. We have visited the South Pacific many years ago, but never traveled to Fiji & surrounding areas. (Moorea & Papeete only). Was wondering about the shore excursions and/or if it would be just as easy to get a group together and do it on our own.?? This message board is also a new experience for me and hope to share some good info.

Girl California

We are booked on the June 3rd sailing of the Gauguin and this is our first time on the Regent Line.Was wondering about the shore excursions and/or if it would be just as easy to get a group together and do it on our own.?? This message board is also a new experience for me and hope to share some good info.

Girl California

Welcome to our little roll call. We have been on PG once before as has Az. Cruiser. If we can be of any help, let us know. Have you sailed before? You will love Paul Gauguin. :)

We are starting to plan the excursions. We will probably do the private beaches on Bora Bora and Taha'a. They are great. We will probably do the helmet dive in Moorea. We have done it before, and it was very nice. It looks as though on some of the islands there are not a lot of excursions, but we enjoy the water and the ship. :) But, we like to team up with others on excursions, so if something catches you eye, let us know.

Post on often so we can all keep in touch. :D

Girl California,

I read on another thread that your TA booked an aft cabin for you. You will get a lot more motion on the aft, but we love the motion. We have a cabin about mid-ship on deck 7 if you want to switch. :)

Archived