Lobster night

Well, you're gonna get the devil if any of those women you referred to get hold of you. :D

I sure hope they dont get a hold of me either:D I was not calling them out just stating that its not my perffrence but I would never call them tacky for it :o Ladies I love you all with or without the make up:rolleyes:

To be honest with you, I really don't find the lobster that tasty!! We've been on 2 cruises and both times I was disappointed in what they called lobster tails!

Yes, and as a New Englander I should probably be carried off to the back and shot, b/c I think "Maine Loster" is nasty..but hey, that is just me..and as a whole, I don't even LIKE Maine Lobster anyways..give me a nice warm water Rock Lobster anyday of the week..

So that being said, I avoid "Lobster Night" so you can have mine anytime! I'd rather it get eaten by someone who enjoys them then have it go to waste.

And if this is how a man wants to enjoy his cruise then LET HIM. Besides, they are TINY small. Who am I to judge..there are more pressing matters in life, don't get your knickers in a twist over Lobster!

Now to the man's more pressing question of how much has one eaten.. well the most at my table was my husband who SOMEHOW put down 2 of those flourless chocolate cakes. Talk about a gut-granade...I was surprised he was able to float for snorkeling the next day...lol...and that was after 4 shrimp cocktails and 2 lobster tails...yow!

Also someone commented that you will hold up the table...another reason to eat at a table for two. If people are going to get annoyed if you order an extra entrée, I don't think I want to eat dinner with them!

If tables for 2 were just always available....

I don't think you'll get an argument from anyone here about an extra entrée, but 10 extra entrées?

Wow. I cant believe they actually run out of those. Yeah, I know, the ship's only so big. You'd think they would take into account that people order more servings of those, and to make SURE that they have enough for everyone. I have to admit, I'd be a little bummed if it happened to me. But, I'd live.

The times that I went on RCI...you could order as many appetizers,entrees or desserts as you wanted. Most people have a little class and MIGHT order seconds.

I was disappointed because lobster wasn't even offered on the Monarch for the 3-4 day Baja cruises....but Carnival did. :confused:

I'm hoping that they change that but I'm not above going back to Carnival...even if it costs a few bucks more. :mad:

On the other hand, there's a difference between having a second lobster tail and going in with the attitude that you're going to master 12 of them!

Exactly! We didn't even ask for seconds, our wonderful server Olga came around with a plate full of them, I think four of us decided to split two of them :D

###

having a couple extra lobster tails is not a big deal- imho having 7 plus is a tad overboard- if every one did that in 1st seating there might not be any left for 2nd seating- each to their own really after all said and done :)

I've been a little reluctant to post due to fear of getting flamed, but here is my point:

Which of these 2 situations would you prefer?

1. I order 6 lobsters and a steak and proceed to eat every last crumb I'm served and offer my excellent waiter a $15 tip just for that night.

2. Some 10 year old kid walks up to the buffet and fills 2 plates full of food and then proceeds to throw away 75% of it and then goes and gets 3 desserts and takes 2 bites of each one.

The amount of food being thrown away on these ships is far more disturbing than my desire to eat as many lobsters as I can physically hold, IMO.

Originally Posted by Earthbound

I've read on these boards that in the dining room you can ask for as many servings of an item as you want and they always bring it to you. Does this also include lobster night? If I can pack away 12 lobsters, will they keep feeding them to me? What is the most anyone has ever eaten in the dining room and have they ever asked anyone to leave for ordering too much? Thanks!

Wow! That is a lot to pack down....If you truly can do that and still enjoy them....Go ahead and order.....My DB order 10 tails and the waiter never gave him a problem....I usually eat 4....(small)

I'm wondering if they have king crab legs? Last yr on the Crown the waiter brought extra plates over cause he noticed how much we were enjoying them...We didn't even ask for them....

Wow! That is a lot to pack down....If you truly can do that and still enjoy them....Go ahead and order.....My DB order 10 tails and the waiter never gave him a problem....I usually eat 4....(small)

I'm wondering if they have king crab legs? Last yr on the Crown the waiter brought extra plates over cause he noticed how much we were enjoying them...We didn't even ask for them....

Nope, that's one of the differences that Princess cruisers like to point out. :) No king crab legs on RC. And the lobster tails on my Crown Princess cruise were larger than the tails on RC, but RC would have been happy to bring me as many as I wanted. It turned out that I only wanted one, but our waiter brought a plate out with several more and just went around offering them to people.

And I was in main seating. :D

A liitle background as I make these remarks - I am a general manager for a family oriented buffet ( largest corporately owned buffet chain in the US).

We get all sorts of people who come in looking to eat as much as they can in order to get their $ worth. As long as they eat everything that is on there plate I don't get upset - go for it - you paid for it. I get more upset with those that fill their plate up - eat 1/2 leave the plate to removed and then go grab more food - eat it - don't waste it.

I am an avid seafood lover and can pack the crablegs away like a champion. When we lived in Florida my parents used to get me a gift card to a particular specialty seafood restaurant for my birthday and Christmas every year. They had an all you can eat crab leg special for $ 29.99 (10 years ago) and my wife would bring a book and read as I went through plate after plate - enjoying my meal not trying to set any records (6 plates). The chef was amazed the first time he came out to see who was piling up the empty plates - a 5' 11" 165 pound middle aged Floridian. He was estatic that I found the crablegs to my liking and encouraged me to return and tell all my friends. I did both - the three of us (my wife, her book, and I ) became regulars and spread the word to all we knew that liked seafood.

I am looking forward to lobster night - 2 maybe 3 but with so many other options available (like awesome vegetables) I will want to try a little bit of everything.

My point is - let others enjoy their meal, enjoy your own meal, and let the management of theses establishments set any boundaries they feel are neccesary.

:cool: Bon apetite :cool:

• 4 years later...

And why are you posting this on this thread?

No doubt LOL! The OP has 2 posts in a total of 5 years and they are both in this thread. Amazing it took the OP almost 5 years to come back and tell of their horrible experience! LOL

Enjoy your Carnival cruises OP...........lol

Edited by ryano

You can have mine, because I am allergic to the darned things.......we had a couple of men at our table on RCCL Song of America in 1996 that ordered several tails each, that did not bother me as much as the fact that they were both rather inebriated before dinner, and slurred their words calling the waiter Sandiago instead of Santiago which was his name, yelling across the dining room. I am overweight myself, I don't overeat, just eat the wrong things too much of the time. It is my choice, and one I have to depend on myself to change or live with......

No doubt LOL! The OP has 2 posts in a total of 5 years and they are both in this thread. Amazing it took the OP almost 5 years to come back and tell of their horrible experience! LOL

Enjoy your Carnival cruises OP...........lol

I thought I fell asleep at the computer and woke up 4 years later.:eek: