anyone with pictures of cabin 2554 or 2555 On Volendam

LHC

Friends,

I just booked the Panama Canal Cruise for my DS and I for Christmas. DS is in a wheelchair, so I am anxious to see pictures or hear from other past disabled users of this cabin.

I have been told that hotel rooms were accessible etc...to check in to find it would not work for us.

I want him to have a great time so would love to hear from people you have used these room.

thanks,

LHC

We stayed in 2554 on the Volendam. DH and I were assigned the cabin 3 days before sailing.

We did not take any pictures.

The bathroom did not have a lip at the door and was large enough for a wheelchair and the shower had a seat in it. There was a pull cord in the bathroom.

The cabin was very wide and the headboard had an emergency/need help button in it.

Sean whose user name is Tinknock50 has alot of pictures of HC cabins. He also puts his email address at the end of his posts. Maybe you can send him an email to see if he has the picture? do a search on his username and see if you can get his email. I'm pretty sure he got a picture of this cabin.

If you have trouble just repost and I'll try to help more.

I think you will find this cabin very acceptable, it is one of the largest HC cabins.

We stayed in 2554 on the Volendam. DH and I were assigned the cabin 3 days before sailing.

We did not take any pictures.

The bathroom did not have a lip at the door and was large enough for a wheelchair and the shower had a seat in it. There was a pull cord in the bathroom.

The cabin was very wide and the headboard had an emergency/need help button in it.

Sean whose user name is Tinknock50 has alot of pictures of HC cabins. He also puts his email address at the end of his posts. Maybe you can send him an email to see if he has the picture? do a search on his username and see if you can get his email. I'm pretty sure he got a picture of this cabin.

If you have trouble just repost and I'll try to help more.

I think you will find this cabin very acceptable, it is one of the largest HC cabins.

Yes, I have pictures of 2554...e-mail me.

After viewing the pictures I think it will do very well. I will have the table and the footstool removed from the room. Obstacles are just barriers for those with ambulatory problems. My son has taught me more about mobility issues than 33 years of nursing!

Linda

• 9 years later...
Yes, I have pictures of 2554...e-mail me.

Are you able to e-mail me pictures of cabin 2554? I have booked this cabin now that I am able to bring my mobility scooter with me - I don't seem able to find your e-mail address.

Are you able to e-mail me pictures of cabin 2554? I have booked this cabin now that I am able to bring my mobility scooter with me - I don't seem able to find your e-mail address.
10 years ago Tinknock50's email was Bicepeak at aol dot com. I don't know if that still works.