Question about Regal??

Jaymuxman

If you have sailed on the Regal Princess within the last six months, would you please let me know about your experience? I have read quite a few reviews as they are quite varied. One person that sailed in December said the ship had a horrible vibration and shook the entire trip. Since I am thinking of taking a 24 day cruise, I would be very disappointed if this was indeed the case. So, if you have sailed on the Regal recently, please let me know you thoughts and opinion of the ship. Thanks in advance for insight you can provide.

Emily

We've been on the Regal three times, most recently March of last year, 'round the Horn, Buenos Aires to Valparaiso.

We did not notice any undue vibration at any time, and the ship appeared to be in very good repair.

Our last trip seemed to have some disconnect among the staff - and dining room service was more spotty than the norm. A talk with the Table Captain seemed to help - and some additional training was provided to the wait staff.

We also thought that the particular cast of the production shows was not up to Princess usual standards - but that is a very subjective opinion, others we talked to thought the shows fine.

If you have sailed on the Regal Princess within the last six months, would you please let me know about your experience? I have read quite a few reviews as they are quite varied. One person that sailed in December said the ship had a horrible vibration and shook the entire trip. Since I am thinking of taking a 24 day cruise, I would be very disappointed if this was indeed the case. So, if you have sailed on the Regal recently, please let me know you thoughts and opinion of the ship. Thanks in advance for insight you can provide.

Emily

Hi, Emily.

I was on the Regal westbound Panama Canal cruise leaving out of San Juan on 12/28.

First of all, as far as the reported vibration, we experienced no such occurrence. The Regal sailed very smoothly and quietly throughout our 10-day cruise.

We found the ship to be well-maintained, the staff and crew professional and courteous and the food excellent.

I agree, the reviews (regardless of the vessel) tend to be all over the map. My experience on the Regal, I am delighted to report, was a very positive one.

My advice is to keep a positive attitude and have a wonderful cruise.

Regards,

MJ

It's been eight months since my last cruise on the Regal and the ship was in excellent condition. My wait staff in the dining room and cabin steward were exceptional. My DH and I had no complaints at all on a 16 day cruise. I think you will be fine.

I was on the Regal for a Westbound Panama Canal transit in November 2006. We had a wonderful time. Our favorite cruise so far. The service was EXCELLENT. The employees were extremely friendly. The ship is also lovely. It is on the older side, but definitely has aged very well. We had an outside cabin and it was plenty large enough for the 10 day cruise. There is plenty of quiet places throughout the ship to relax. The only vibration we felt was when they were pulling out and into port and you could only feel it in the back because of the thrusters. Other than that, nothing.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks to all who have responded! We have just about decided to take this cruise (and yes, it is the 3/1/07 out of San Juan). Looking forward to meeting any CC members! It will be my husband and myself and we are from Daytona Beach,, FL. Thanks again!

Emily

DW and I left the Regal last Sunday (28th.) in Brazil after a 12 day cruise. She is in good shape, the food was fine, and the staff very friendly and accomodating. Surprisingly, the production shows seemed to be better than previous cruises. By the time the third of five productions rolled around, people were going to the showroom an hour before showtime to find seating. As to the question of a vibration on the Regal, yes there was a vibration, but it was only noticable at the rear of the ship. The dining room was the area where we noticed it the most. Book the Regal, you'll enjoy her.

We were on Regal Princess in September and loved the ship. We thought the dining room was just a notch above what we consider good on Grand-class ships. We didn't notice any vibration except that there is one table in the buffet that shakes like crazy (you can always get a seat at that one!).

Archived