Australia visa through cruise line

mitchdew

Hello,

We booked the Regal Princess from LA to Sydney and my roommate has a Salvadorian passport. The agent advised me that the cruise line was collecting a fee for our visas. I asked her if Salvadorians would be ok and she said "i hope it is ok". I did not like that answer.

Do you think that there is a risk that my roommate would not be allowed in Sydney if she buys her visa through Princess??

Any help would be appreciated.

We booked the Regal Princess from LA to Sydney and my roommate has a Salvadorian passport. The agent advised me that the cruise line was collecting a fee for our visas. I asked her if Salvadorians would be ok and she said "i hope it is ok". I did not like that answer.

Do you think that there is a risk that my roommate would not be allowed in Sydney if she buys her visa through Princess??

Someone holding a passport from El Salvador will need a tourist visa, but can apply online - see this page.

Note: This is not the same as the Electronic Travel Authority for which nationals of a limited number of countries are eligible, including nationals of the USA.

I would therefore make sure that Princess is prepared to apply for a proper visa for this person. Princess will be used to applying for ETAs, as most US-originating travellers will be elgiible for them.

If the person does not have the proper visa, Princess ought, strictly speaking, to deny boarding. However, in truth, on a cruise there is ample time after boarding to apply for a visa online, although there is obviously no guarantee that it will be issued before arrival in Sydney.

Personally, I would make sure that I applied for the visa myself.

Archived