Can I reserve a table for two?

Sandytoes

Can we request a table for two in the dining room on the AOS?

Should I call RC directly or wait until onboard?

On their site - Every ship has two seatings for dinner in the main dining room - 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. When you book your cruise you can select what time works best for you and we'll assign you a table.

You can request a table for two. The request is usually made at the time of reservations. However, if you do find that you don't have such a table when you board, you can go see the maitre d' as soon as you board and request one then. He will usually be stationed at the entrance to the dining room.

There are not many tables for two and it is possible that you won't get one even if you do request one. Or you may be offered one, but it might not be the seating you prefer.

Hubby and I always request a table for two, but oddly enough, the only time we ever were assigned one was our very first cruise. That's why we eat in the Windjammer at night or go to Portofino's or Chops, because we get what we want then when we want it.

It's an awful lot of fun to have tablemates. I was quite reticent about eating with strangers on our 1st cruise, but we had an absolute blast! It got so I truly looked forward to dinner--and talking with our new friends! (We've been married 30 years--we do tons of stuff when it's just the two of us--having other's to talk with is a treat!)

I know many people love the large tables and meeting new people at dinner and so forth. Some of us prefer to be seated only with our family, spouse, or travelling companions. DH and I enjoy meeting people, but we prefer to do it in a less structured and confined environment then a sit-down dinner.

You can always request a table for two and, if necessary and as noted by others, you can request a change after you board if you don't have the table size you requested. The cruise line won't guarantee a request, but I think that they try to honor them when possible.

beachchick

Thanks for all your advice.

I couldn't have said it better.

beachchick-

I know many people love the large tables and meeting new people at dinner and so forth. Some of us prefer to be seated only with our family, spouse, or travelling companions. DH and I enjoy meeting people, but we prefer to do it in a

less structured and confined environment then a sit-down dinner.

We really like meeting new people but we prefer intimate, quiet, and romantic dining choices. Especially when we can not pick our table mates.

I guess I can ask for a change, if my DH & I run into a compatibility problems.

We requested a table for 2 on our recent sailing. We were celebrating our anniversary and were very much looking forward to many intimate dinners. It is such a great time to reconnect. After checking out our table upon embarkation, we were seated for 6. DH made reservations for Chops and Portofino while I got in line to request a change. Fortunately, I was first in line which probably helped, but we received a card in our stateroom on day 2 that we had been granted our table. We decided that we were going to eat at an alternative restaurant our first night anyway.. What a great way to start the week!

I'm glad it unfolded as it did because we noticed later that we would have been seated with our cabin neighbors. (I always wondered what sort of rhyme or reason is behind choosing tablemates. I'm sure it varies every time.) In any event, we picked up early on that this was a very "intense" individual just through our interactions in the CL. It would not have made for a very comfortable, relaxing dinner. I don't know that I would have had it in me to request a change if we had gone to dinner that first night and learned later learned they were our neighbors. Awkward!!

We enjoyed 3 amazing dinners in Chops/Portofino and the other 3 in the dining room. All were wonderfully romantic and intimate. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience on our anniversary cruise.:)

Archived