Past Passenger

Bob NC

My wife and I have cruised Carnival before. We decided to take a cruise with our neighbors. We got a great rate and upgrade thru Costco Travel, but, part of this rate was because we qualify as past passengers. Since my wife and I are the only 2 past passengers, Costco suggested "Wife Swapping", (In order to get the past passenger rate on both cabins.) I have a cabin booked with my neighbors wife, my wife has a cabin booked with the husband. My question is.....When we go to check in can my wife and I be assigned keys to the same cabin? Can our Sign & Sail cards be linked to us two? Verry confusing.

You will be fine. We just did the same thing when we booked our Fantasy cruise. One room is booked in my name and the other is booked in hubby's name. The two ladies that are going with us are "booked" in my room and they will simply swap keys with hubby and youngest son.

For the Sail and Sign cards, just have your friends put up their credit card for their room when you check in.

Have a great cruise!!

Great idea to get the "best" rates, but AFTER you get onboard, my advice is to inform the Purser's desk what you have done. They like to know WHO is in WHAT cabin for safety reasons. You are bending the system, but is goes on all the time. Same thing done with passengers traveling with those under 25 years old in one cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

You will be fine. We just did the same thing when we booked our Fantasy cruise. One room is booked in my name and the other is booked in hubby's name. The two ladies that are going with us are "booked" in my room and they will simply swap keys with hubby and youngest son.

For the Sail and Sign cards, just have your friends put up their credit card for their room when you check in.

Have a great cruise!!

Yes.....But my wife and I both want to be able to charge on our own S & S cards. I realize by switching cards with one person in the other room we will both have cabin keys. BUT, we will not both be able to charge on OUR account. Know what I mean?

Yes.....But my wife and I both want to be able to charge on our own S & S cards. I realize by switching cards with one person in the other room we will both have cabin keys. BUT, we will not both be able to charge on OUR account. Know what I mean?

when you receive your documents you will be given a sign and sail page with your name and the DW name of the other passenger.

You fillout yours and do not put a X in the DW name. When you check in ask for another copy of the sign and sail page for the "other" DW to fill out with her information.

Then do the same with the other documents for YOUR "real" wife.

Dont make copies coz the check in people will not take copies no longer.

We are booked on the Imagination in Sept, with a ton of family and that is exactly what our pvp did for us. He put my dh in the room with my fil who is not a past guest, but we are, and my mil shows up in our cabin. They will swap room keys. As for the s&s card, when they are checking in, they will be linking their own credit cards to their own s&s cards, the only thing is the room number printed on the s&s card will be wrong. No biggie.

Everyone is wrong. Becuase you did it this way you MUST sleep with your friends wife and he MUST sleep with yours. I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but that is how it is.:D ;)

I love this answer. :D

Seriously, we do this all the time when we cruise with our teenagers. It's no big deal, and you won't have a problem with the sail & sign cards because as others have said, you will each have your own account. When you get on board, if you stop by the purser's desk and explain the situation, they'll give you keys to the correct cabin.

My wife and I have cruised Carnival before. We decided to take a cruise with our neighbors. We got a great rate and upgrade thru Costco Travel, but, part of this rate was because we qualify as past passengers. Since my wife and I are the only 2 past passengers, Costco suggested "Wife Swapping", (In order to get the past passenger rate on both cabins.) I have a cabin booked with my neighbors wife, my wife has a cabin booked with the husband. My question is.....When we go to check in can my wife and I be assigned keys to the same cabin? Can our Sign & Sail cards be linked to us two? Verry confusing.

Just swap cards and just use it to open the cabin, use the main card to make purchases.

We were recently on the Conquest where my DIL and I were booked in 1 cabin, and my husband and our married son were in the next cabin. PVP booked us that way because of the past guest discount thing (DIL and son had sailed Carnival before, husband and I hadn't).

The 1st evening we were on board, we went down to the Purser's Desk and explained the situation. They took the original cards DIL and my husband were given at check-in and issued them new ones showing my husband now in my cabin and DIL with her husband (our son) in their cabin. Even had their credit card info transfer over onto the new ones. Took them all of 2 minutes to do it. They acted like it was a common request they get all the time...:)

we did that last year but the only thing we had to do was to make sure we had the right key to get off the ship, since pic. shows up on it. this yr. different friends so they were offering friends and family same price as past guest it was in the current mag. we booked liberty april 28, got great rate ,day sale ,plus past guest . take 2 extra rooms same price 4g panaroma deck 712.$ pp. weallso get a christmas card from carn. with my name and husband of friend, and one with friend and my husband..,, i think they call that swingers....:eek:

Archived