RollCall:Celebrity Century Dec-4-04

bilgeboyPa

Hi All. Just wanted to know if there was going to be any other "family members" onborard this cruise. It's a great ship and always had a great time on the Century. Giva holler and sign up for the Cruise critic party

• 2 weeks later...

Me Again. Saw that lot's looked at my post , but nobody wrote. Me and partner are looking to meet other FOD on this cruise . I'm 38 and he's 29, in case anyone was interested :-). We met a lot of fun family members last time, and we hope to meet some more. Also sign up for the cruise critic party. Talk to you all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were on the Century last Winter. We spotted one gay couple who were too pretty to talk to anyone else and another gay couple who we only passed once or twice going to and from the Dining Room. The second couple were taking care of parents.

We had a great time with our all-non-Gay tablemates. By the end of the week we were meeting them for all of our meals, not just dinner.

Well, she's not "family" per se, but the first night out, we were served in the disco by a lovely blonde bartender named Liliana. She was having trouble learning to read in the dim lights and told us that this was her first night working. We saw her often working poolside and in the theater and kind of took her under our wing, as it were. At the end of the week, we gave her a nice tip for encouragement. Would be nice to hear if she's still there.

I got back yesterday and was on the Century. The ship looked marvelous, and I was impressed how good they have maintained the passenger areas.

The cruise did not go to well for us. However, now that its fixed, it should be better fou you guys, not sure if we will sail with them again though. It started when we checked in and they told us one of the ships engines was broke and we will miss the first port which was San Juan. This was not good because my partner is Spanish and was looking forward to visting the Spanish culture there. They did give us some ships credit for missing the port which was very nice of them. Just a note, not a complaint, but having another alternative would be helpful as there was really not much we were interested in buying on the ship.

We later found out that the broken engine also affects the ships speed, its stabilizers and its ride. The ship rocked and rolled for the first 3 days of the trip until they finally fixed the engine. The weather was clear and sunny the entire trip, too bad we could not enjoy it all. We were sick from all of the non-stop rocking that we could not do much. I have been on 8 cruises and several other ships and have never experienced that much rocking before. The room walls were extrememly loud with cricking and cracking noises from the never ending vigorous rocking of the ship and it was very difficult to get any sleep. By day 3, we just were so wiped out and wanted to get off the ship go home. Other dissapointmens were when we ventured out to eat, we found the food in the cafe well below our expectations of Celebrity and somewhat limited. Also, the Century seemed to be pushed aside in the ports as compared to the bigger ships, (guess I got spoiled from the larger ships). We had to tender into St. Maarten, we were the furthest dock in Nassau and we docked by ourselves so far out in the boonies in St.Thomas that we had to pay a cab just to go the town to shop, while all of the other ships were docked within walking distance.

Fortunately, they were able to fix the ships engine and salvage the last 3 days of the cruise. What a difference the ride was on the way back from the eastern islands.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived