Vantage river cruise departing Amsterdam

camnpete

We are considering a Vantage River Cruise in March, 2007 that departs Amsterdam and tours Holland and Belgium for 12 days. We've never done any river cruising and would like inputs regarding (1) experiences with Vantage, (2) experiences with this particular cruise, (3) weather in March, and (4) any other information you could share regarding this trip. Thanks!

Good Morning - We did a river cruise with Vantage in 2005, Amsterdam to Hungary. It was fantastic. Could not say enough good things about Vantage with one exception. They are hard to get on the phone, always a long time on hold. The trip was really great and the tour directors were super. We were so impressed with Vantage that we are going on their China/Yangtze trip leaving on May 8th. The food was good, the boat very modern and nice. Every tour was included with one or two optional ones. The tour directors made the difference. Hope you get Maureen or Pete. Do not expect the same entertainment on board like the big liners but they brought in some

entertainment for us, I think five nights. Have a good time. Willard

I am new to this message board and had posed a question a couple of days ago and have not had any response..my husband and I are considering a Burgandy cruise on Dielmann ...can anyone please tell me about these ships..the Princess looks very old...I am not familiar with this type of travel...excited...but, we only have one vacation a year and I want to make sure we are happy...

Can anyone tell us which line is best?

Thanks...

MrsDave,

May I suggest to start a new thread for your questions. You replied to a thread coping with a Amsterdam roundtrip on a Vantage boat. Your question is referring to a French rivers cruise on Deilmann.

As for the Princess de Provence the boat has been built in 1992 which might seem quite old. But the boat has been totally refurbished in 2004. Anyway you won´t find any wear and tear on a Deilmann boat. Deilmann is a more upscale 5 star company with excellent food and service. Prices are higher than with other companies and shore tours are not included. Anyway I can highly recommend Deilmann (see my review about the MS Mozart linked in my signature and I have another cruise coming up).

There is no good or bad company out there plying the US market. So you can´t do much wrong. Most of the companies do have brand new boats but that doesn´t make much difference. Newer boats feature amenities like WiFi internet access but nothing really special which makes a big difference.

steamboats

We are considering a Vantage River Cruise in March, 2007 that departs Amsterdam and tours Holland and Belgium for 12 days. We've never done any river cruising and would like inputs regarding (1) experiences with Vantage, (2) experiences with this particular cruise, (3) weather in March, and (4) any other information you could share regarding this trip. Thanks!

On this link you can see the temperatures in Amsterdam in March last year.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2006/3/15/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

It still is (too?) early in the season with cold-cool days. Average around 40F.

Hello - Forgot to tell you that when we booked with Vantage we took to cabin on the bottom of the boat. Saved a lot of money, same size cabin as on the middle level. Only difference was we had two smaller windows and the middle deck had one large one. Never in the cabin that much anyway. You will want to be on the top open deck, not in your room. The money we saved bought wine at dinner every night. Willard

Archived