Buenos Aires

eden

Will be arriving in Buenos Aires this Friday for a cruise on Sunday. Have booked a city tour for Saturday morning and was wondering if on Sunday we should go to Tigre and Cruising the Delta or visit the Flea market at San Telmo on Sunday. Or if anyone has any other suggestions to make the best use of our limited time in Buenos Aires. Will also be attending a Tango show.

Thanks

Will be arriving in Buenos Aires this Friday for a cruise on Sunday. Have booked a city tour for Saturday morning and was wondering if on Sunday we should go to Tigre and Cruising the Delta or visit the Flea market at San Telmo on Sunday. Or if anyone has any other suggestions to make the best use of our limited time in Buenos Aires. Will also be attending a Tango show.

Thanks

Tigr Delta is definitely worthwhile!

Thanks

Tigre Delta is definitely worthwhile!

We did the Tigre & Delta cruise a few weeks ago and went to the Flea Market on Sunday before getting to ship around 3:30. I would do one or the other as we were too rushed at the flea market. The delta cruise is unique and while the flea market is nice, it is a flea market.

Bob

In my opinion :)

Skip the flea market --

Go to La Bocca and Florida st.

Hi Earl.....good to see you.

Question: What do you suggest for transportation from the airport to the Marriott (Florida St)? Taxi, shuttle, other? Also, $$$. Do we need to change currency at the airport or will they take our dollars? We're off to BA March 5th. Thanks

Arlene

Hi Arlene----

We had arranged private driver thru our tour folks -- WOW of Argentina

However, we did notice an abundance of taxis -- and private autos with

drivers trying to make a buck. For the 5 days we were in BA we used the

legit cabbies many times -- never had a problem and the fares were reasonable.

We exchanged US$ at the airport -- just our personal preference --

I noticed a kiosk type thing with signs for money exchange to our left as we were approching the exit doors to the outside and headed toward it when I noticed another exchange sort of hidden on the right side of the exit doors.

it was a bank and the exchange rate was way better than the money exchange kiosk -- We found that most of the time we could use US$ but it bacame a problem in wine stores, some taxis, local small shops, restaurants, etc. We actually made the exchange computations for the little 7-11 type store near our hotel!

Bottom line for us was to try to use US$, credit cards, and lastly BA pesos

Earl

Thanks for the info Earl. Taxi it is. Our preferences are usually similar, though I like to put everything I can on the card. Points, you know. :) Since we're only there 2 days, it's hard to know how much to exchange.

Arlene

Hi to all Buenos Aires travelers-

Here is the best web site I've ever found on Buenos Aires. Don't worry that it is in Spanish -- get the English by clicking the little British flag at the top right corner of the page.

While you are at this site, don"t miss:

- the interactive calendar on the right side of the home page

and

- the guides for foreigners (that's us) on the lower left side of the page (it takes you to a 27 page document you can print out at home and take with you!!)

Here's the site:

www.bue.gov.ar

Have fun and I'll see you all in Buenos Aires. We arrive Feb. 22 and sail Feb. 25 on Infinity!

Liz

Hi to all Buenos Aires travelers-

Here is the best web site I've ever found on Buenos Aires. Don't worry that it is in Spanish -- get the English by clicking the little British flag at the top right corner of the page.

This http://www.bue.gov.ar/home/index.php?&lang=en takes you directly to the English language page.

Archived