Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Lol, I hear you! I booked a weekender on 1/31 as a motivation to stay on track. Lol, kind of funny if you think about it because it is from NYC so expected temps will be in the teens. :)

I am losing again after an almost two week plateau...funny I bumped up my calorie intake and it worked, down another 5lbs.

Now if I can only lose 20 more by April 1st Aruba trip I will be a happy happy girl!

Congrats on the 5 lbs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How's everyone doing on their low carb/Atkins lifestyle? Hope everyone is seeing success. I am focusing on my April cruise to get me through all this awful weather and help me to stay focused!!

Doing great. I have lost about 12lbs in 3 weeks. I am working out and it feels great! My realistic goal for my cruise in May is in the low 140 range. Dream goal weight is is 130-135.

Doing great. I have lost about 12lbs in 3 weeks. I am working out and it feels great! My realistic goal for my cruise in May is in the low 140 range. Dream goal weight is is 130-135.

AmandaBlue - that's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I've been doing this since the end of September and I'm down 31.5 (includes all the holiday "stuff"). My dream goal weight is the same as yours, but it will be a very long time before I get there. I will consider it a major accomplishment if I can be down at least 50 by the time we leave on 4/26 (flying down a day early). Then I hope to make my goal by the time my daughter graduates high school next May.

For now, I work on "little goals". 12 lbs. in 3 weeks is FANTASTIC!!! Way to go!!!

You are both doing awesome! I had a great first two weeks but this third week I had some challenges with my health which I was in too much pain to work out. I didn't pig out on carbs or anything but not very balanced with everything so I will be very happy if I even lose a pound this week. I am hoping to lose another 30 before our cruise but I better have some better weeks ahead to hit that. My WI is Friday mornings.

You are both doing awesome! I had a great first two weeks but this third week I had some challenges with my health which I was in too much pain to work out. I didn't pig out on carbs or anything but not very balanced with everything so I will be very happy if I even lose a pound this week. I am hoping to lose another 30 before our cruise but I better have some better weeks ahead to hit that. My WI is Friday mornings.

If you stick with Atkins, you will lose weight! You might lose it slowly, but you will lose. Take your measurements too. Many times, you will see a change in measurements before you'll see a drop in the number on the scale. ;)

Lol, I hear you! I booked a weekender on 1/31 as a motivation to stay on track. Lol, kind of funny if you think about it because it is from NYC so expected temps will be in the teens. :)

I am losing again after an almost two week plateau...funny I bumped up my calorie intake and it worked, down another 5lbs.

Now if I can only lose 20 more by April 1st Aruba trip I will be a happy happy girl!

Chellebells - have a WONDERFUL time on your weekend cruise!!!!!!!

Hello fellow Atkins cruisers - I'm stalled out at 31 pounds since 9/27. I feel great and love Atkins but I am frustrated with the plateau. I've been exercising for the last 20 days and I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I don't see how I could be putting on enough muscle to weigh that much yet. Seriously hoping to see a drop in pounds soon! That cruise date is getting much bigger in the window!

Have you tried a cheat day once a week or every two weeks? I know it doesn't make sense but it seems to rev up my metabolism and jump start me again.

I know how much I hate those darn plateaus and it seems they always pop

up their ugly little heads :_(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hello. I was looking for something to get me motivated again on Adkins. Last year my soon to be and I started the diet on 1-1-13. By July I was down 30 pounds. I was and am still at the high range of normal BMI for my height 5'9". I weighed in at 169 this morning.. I weigh everyday. Any who the last 6 months it's has been near impossible for me to resist the carbs.. I live and work on a cattle ranch and get plenty of exercise in my daily activities. (Have the guns to prove it--lol). We are getting married on our cruise that leaves May 1. When I bought my dress last year I was at 164 and it was tight.. Oh dear.. I need to get down to 155 for it to be awesome without a stuffed sausage appearance. Lol. I would love any and all advice on fighting the sweet tooth (that I never had before 30) and any new ideas or recipes. I love to cook and prepare 99% of our food at home.

Sarah

Keep up the good work, that is all I can say. I usally fight the sweet tooth, by trying to eat as much fruit as possible. Try making a smoothie with your blender at home and that should stave you off the sweet tooth cravings. I find it really helps. Best of luck with it all.

Hello. I was looking for something to get me motivated again on Adkins. Last year my soon to be and I started the diet on 1-1-13. By July I was down 30 pounds. I was and am still at the high range of normal BMI for my height 5'9". I weighed in at 169 this morning.. I weigh everyday. Any who the last 6 months it's has been near impossible for me to resist the carbs.. I live and work on a cattle ranch and get plenty of exercise in my daily activities. (Have the guns to prove it--lol). We are getting married on our cruise that leaves May 1. When I bought my dress last year I was at 164 and it was tight.. Oh dear.. I need to get down to 155 for it to be awesome without a stuffed sausage appearance. Lol. I would love any and all advice on fighting the sweet tooth (that I never had before 30) and any new ideas or recipes. I love to cook and prepare 99% of our food at home.

Sarah

Hang in there Sarah! I would recommend following Induction pretty carefully and you should drop the 15 pounds easily by May 1. If you suffer from a sweet tooth - go to WalMart and purchase some of their "treat" bars. They have two kinds that I like - one is like a Payday bar and one is like an Almond Joy (minus the almond on top). Evidently, they also have candies like peanut m&m's but I haven't tried those. If you buy a couple of boxes of these treats and give yourself the "treat" of eating one each night you should be able to get through the sweet tooth craving.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Edited by hgmizzou

Have you tried a cheat day once a week or every two weeks? I know it doesn't make sense but it seems to rev up my metabolism and jump start me again.

I know how much I hate those darn plateaus and it seems they always pop

up their ugly little heads :_(

Chellebells - thanks for the advice. I decided to give myself a break and went to Culver's last night! Definitely knocked me out of Ketosis and so, now, I'm back on low carb and hoping that once I get back into Ketosis my system with "jump start" and I can break through the plateau. If not, one meal isn't going to kill me - so no harm no foul! ;)

I really appreciate everyone on this board! It is really helpful to be able to discuss this and get ideas from everyone!!

Have a happy Thursday Atkins friends!! :)

I find that if I give in too much to my sweet tooth, I crave more! :eek: I eat pickles and olives when I have a sweet tooth craving. The saltiness usually works, but if it doesn't, I have a little spoonful of peanut butter.

I agree that one sweet leads to another. I did wonderful sticking to > 20 carbs a day.. Until I started a cheat day. One cheat day a week led to twice a week until I wasn't very mindful at all oft diet. To be honest I am amazed I didn't gain more.. I am going to indulge on the sweet freedom brand of frozen treats. 6 net carbs when I must.. I like the Adkins candy and meal bars but they have too many sugar alcohols for me..

Sarah

Hang in there Sarah! I would recommend following Induction pretty carefully and you should drop the 15 pounds easily by May 1. If you suffer from a sweet tooth - go to WalMart and purchase some of their "treat" bars. They have two kinds that I like - one is like a Payday bar and one is like an Almond Joy (minus the almond on top). Evidently, they also have candies like peanut m&m's but I haven't tried those. If you buy a couple of boxes of these treats and give yourself the "treat" of eating one each night you should be able to get through the sweet tooth craving.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

I go back and forth on Adkins. My favorite thing to combat my sweet tooth was homemade whipped cream with Stevie. So yum and creamy.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

How's everyone doing? I am back from my Breakaway cruise and happy to report did not gain any weight!!!! Of course it was only a two day cruise lol :)

Welcome back and congrats!! Still hanging in there!! Hit a plateau and pretty frustrated but hoping to break it soon. I really wish I could take a weekend cruise! It would be so nice to get away from this awful weather!!

I have ordered a 'new & improved' Nutribullet (the 900w one) & am waiting for it's arrival this week...does anyone else have or use one? I visited a friend recently who uses one ALL the time! It is so funny to see them get so excited about throwing different things in there!:p I have been using a Ninja - the 'cheapest' one I could find @ Walmart...makes ok smoothies, but w/ the new one I am hoping to be able to throw all kinds of healthy things in it...kale, beets, nuts, etc...Well, did that just sound like an infomercial? Ha! Anyway, former low carb friend did lose some weight by this 'juicing' once a day...

Sweet tooth...grrr...I try to keep a bar of 80 or 90% dark cacao around & break off one or two little squares & then really savor it...well, that's what I TRY to do...sometimes I will take an Atkins bar (the choc/coconut/mac nut one) & cut it into thirds & just eat 2 of the pieces because of the adverse effects of the sugar alcohol...:eek:

Hello fellow Atkins cruisers!! How are we all doing? I have to say that this weather is really beginning to get to me!! I really wish I could go outside and get some exercise in nice weather!! Honestly, if I NEVER, EVER see another snow flake in this lifetime - I will be just fine with that!!! :eek:

Anyway, I'm staying on plan and continuing to go to the gym (even during the snow storms). Hope everyone else is as well!!

Happy February!!

Congratulations for sticking to it, as I know it can be challenging especially in winter.

I too am (knock on wood) sticking to it. Made another goal yesterday so now on to my next! :)

I am happy just found 2 new Atkins meals. Orange chicken and Swedish Meatballs Love the Orange Chicken so glad they did not have broccoli in them. :)

I have been reading this thread for a while and have really enjoyed it... It shows me I am not the only one who struggles with weight and there are others with the exact same issues. I did Atkins for the better part of ten year. I completely adopted the low carb life... Under 20 carbs a day... But I would "cheat" a little here and there... And never really made much headway. I am really good at losing weight, but better at gaining it.

A year ago tomorrow I had gastric sleeve surgery. My wife had done it a year earlier and after seeing her success, I decided it was for me. It is such a personal decision... And not for everyone... But I was above 270 and wasn't able to sustain weight loss after 10 years of Atkins. I was the epitome of a yo yo dieter. I am now down 130 lbs.... My year anniversary is tomorrow. I made the best decision of my life and haven't looked back. The best part? I can now eat whatever the heck I want.. IF I am hungry... And do t worry about a carb here and there or kicking myself out of ketosis. I run a lot and feel FANTASTIC.

... Again... Very personal decision... And not for everyone... But I thought I would share my story. If you are considering it, go for it :)

I have been reading this thread for a while and have really enjoyed it... It shows me I am not the only one who struggles with weight and there are others with the exact same issues. I did Atkins for the better part of ten year. I completely adopted the low carb life... Under 20 carbs a day... But I would "cheat" a little here and there... And never really made much headway. I am really good at losing weight, but better at gaining it.

A year ago tomorrow I had gastric sleeve surgery. My wife had done it a year earlier and after seeing her success, I decided it was for me. It is such a personal decision... And not for everyone... But I was above 270 and wasn't able to sustain weight loss after 10 years of Atkins. I was the epitome of a yo yo dieter. I am now down 130 lbs.... My year anniversary is tomorrow. I made the best decision of my life and haven't looked back. The best part? I can now eat whatever the heck I want.. IF I am hungry... And do t worry about a carb here and there or kicking myself out of ketosis. I run a lot and feel FANTASTIC.

... Again... Very personal decision... And not for everyone... But I thought I would share my story. If you are considering it, go for it :)

I don't know if this is right for me or not. What exactly is this? Is it like a lapband? How invasive was it?