CD Graham Seymour--where is he?

My 1st cruise was on Golden Princess-2002, and Graham Seymour was CD. He and his ACD was the best team I've encountered on my now, 6 cruises. Does anyone remember Graham's partner, and, does anyone know where they are now?:)

• 2 months later...

I understand he's until the Mariner until Becky gets back and then he's heading over to the Navigator for a full contract.

My 1st cruise was on Golden Princess-2002, and Graham Seymour was CD. He and his ACD was the best team I've encountered on my now, 6 cruises. Does anyone remember Graham's partner, and, does anyone know where they are now?:)

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Graham Seymour is the cruise director on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. I just cruised on that ship to the Western Caribbean from May 20-27th, 2007. He was great! I loved his humor on his "Be Very Afraid" Show in the morning, and his great comedy act in the Savoy theater at night. He has a DVD that he sold called "Be Very Afraid". Our cruise was his last cruise for 6 weeks I think because he was getting ready to go on vacation, but I do believe he said he will be returning to Mariner of the Seas again.

• 1 month later...

Graham is now on the Navigator Of The Seas, I've just got back from a Med cruise and he is undoubtedly the star of the show on this ship, a true professional in every sense of the word. He is also the cruise entertainments director and you can understand why. I met him after one of his shows and he is truly a star on stage, a professional (very rare these days) and off stage he is just a nice bloke who is interested in you and what you have to say. He just enjoys what he does and is so thankful that he is doing what he does and tells everyone so, he really does realise how 'lucky' he is (his words not mine) but you only have to see his show and you know also that he has worked dam hard to be where he is today.

I firmly believe he should be a TV star and I told him so and if I can help him achieve this I will. There are some people in this world who are just naturals, Graham is one of them.

If you get the chance to see him then you will not be disappointed, he also does an adult show which is fantastic.

I hope Graham gets all he deserves.

• 3 weeks later...

What he deserves is a smack in the mouth. He's a very talented man but he is high strung and extremely rude. I politely asked him a question about an error he made. He snapped at me and was highly insulted that I dare ask him a question. He rudely dismissed me with the back of his hand. I am booked on the Navigator for the fourth time and if, in fact, he is on it, I will cancel.

Wow, really? He was never anything but gracious to us. You must have caught him at a really bad moment.

What he deserves is a smack in the mouth. He's a very talented man but he is high strung and extremely rude. I politely asked him a question about an error he made. He snapped at me and was highly insulted that I dare ask him a question. He rudely dismissed me with the back of his hand. I am booked on the Navigator for the fourth time and if, in fact, he is on it, I will cancel.

What he deserves is a smack in the mouth. He's a very talented man but he is high strung and extremely rude. I politely asked him a question about an error he made. He snapped at me and was highly insulted that I dare ask him a question. He rudely dismissed me with the back of his hand. I am booked on the Navigator for the fourth time and if, in fact, he is on it, I will cancel

Are you sure it wasnt you? Maybe it was the way you tried to "correct" him. I think he's awesome. He used to post here on cruisecritic all the time and has a large following. Maybe you misinterpreted his sense of humor (btw his morning show was probably the funniest thing ever) He was honestly the best part of my Princess cruise. He brought life to an environment filled with stuffy old boring people. I mean the cruise was good but if he wasnt the cruise director im not sure it would of been that wonderful, Guess you better cancel your cruise.

Let me first say that I'm a veteran cruiser with 64 under my belt. We have already booked four more for the rest of 2007 including the Navigator in December and the Liberty of the Seas in November(10th). We are Elite on Princess and Diamond-Plus on Royal Caribbean and have made friends with many hundreds of cruise ship employees. In all of our experiences we have NEVER had anyone, anywhere, on a ship or elsewhere in any business talk to us the way Graham did. HE may have been having a bad day and took it out on me. He had his opportunity to apologize then. Now it's just to late.

At that time my letter was one of several that went to Princess. Shortly after that I heard that he was let go. I sincerely hope that I was part of the reason. He deserved it.

Agaian -- he's a very talented guy but he has no reason to talk to any passenger the way he spoke to me.

Unfortunately he was on the Navigator when we sailed last April. He was neither funny or professional. The only other CD I'd met with a bigger ego than Graham was Ken Rush. Graham is so full of himself that he was the scheduled "Headliner" for the comedy show-- give me a break! He did nothing but tell old jokes that he probably got off the internet.

Thank goodness we all have different tastes. We sailed with him in April (on the Mariner) and absolutely loved him. In fact, that was 2 cruises in a row, wish I knew he'd be there for our next one.

Unfortunately he was on the Navigator when we sailed last April. He was neither funny or professional. The only other CD I'd met with a bigger ego than Graham was Ken Rush. Graham is so full of himself that he was the scheduled "Headliner" for the comedy show-- give me a break! He did nothing but tell old jokes that he probably got off the internet.

So I'm not the only cruiser who is dissapointed in him. My problem is not his talent .. or lack of it. My problem with him is his stubborn ego. He is just not a nice person and if I find I'm stuck with him again I'm going back to Princess ... but not before I tell Royal Caribbean off. As a Diamond-Plus member and a journalist I am certain that RCCL will not like what I have to say.

So I'm not the only cruiser who is dissapointed in him. My problem is not his talent .. or lack of it. My problem with him is his stubborn ego. He is just not a nice person and if I find I'm stuck with him again I'm going back to Princess ... but not before I tell Royal Caribbean off. As a Diamond-Plus member and a journalist I am certain that RCCL will not like what I have to say.

I totally agree-- it was his EGO that got in the way. He's a very insulting person as well. I too will not sail a ship with him as the CD.. I wrote RCI a long letter after my cruise and got a very nice reply. Maybe he got knocked back a few pegs, but regardless, I'd prefer to never sail with him again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess that's what makes our world so interesting--we all have different tastes and bring a different perspective.

We had Graham as CD on two cruises and enjoyed him very much. Our teenage daughters thought he was "hot," but then again, they think lots of guys are hot.

When I cruise, I do tend to hear some of the same jokes over and over--like small bathroom jokes and the dumb questions the passengers on "last week's" cruise asked. But, for me it's part of the fun and the unique cruise experience.

A big part of the CD's job is to plan, schedule, organize...he (or she) has to gauge the personality of that week's passengers and plan the activities that will be enjoyable to the majority. I used to wonder why they didn't just use the same activities plan every week. On my last cruise, the CD was Shawn Bussey. She and a few others had a question and answer session and they discussed how each cruise's group of passengers has a different style or mood. Some are more quiet and refined, others want to have a rip-roaring time. The CD is responsible to cater to each group's needs and wants.

I'm grateful to the people who are talented enough to fill that position. I wish I could do what they do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never said he wasn't talented. I found him to be a very nasty, insulting, rude individual and he knows he owes me an apology.

We just returned from a super-sensational cruise aboard the Navigator Of The seas.... our fifth time aboard that vessel. It was really great because ---GRAHAM SEYMOUR WAS NOT ABOARD. Hooorrraaayyy!!!!

This was our sixty-eighth cruise. Cruise #69 is already booked. Besides being Diamond-Plus on Royal Caribbean we are also Elite on Princess. We have made friends with hundreds and hundreds of wonderful employees on many ships. Graham Seymour is the ONLY person that was insulting, callous, stubborn and just not very nice.

I will never knowingly sail on any cruise ship where he is the director.

Just a small post script. This was our fourth time aboard the Navigator. Not the fifth. There are some terrific prices coming up and we will be sailing on it for the fifth time this Spring....just as long as Graham Seymour is NOT the CD.

• 1 month later...

here's a little story about our experience with Graham. We've only been on two cruises - once on Celebrity and once on RC. The RC cruise was our entire family. At the time my daughter was 14 and struggling with mood swings and hormones as some girls are. Depression was a problem for her. This RC cruise was just what the Dr. ordered. Her spirits and mood picked up immensly and she had a great time. Much of this was due to Graham helping her to relax, laugh and enjoy herself. My wife and I also had a very positive, professional interactions with Graham. When we arrived home, my duaghter emailed Graham letting him know what a great time she had and that it helped a lot with her depression and thoughts of suicide. Within days of getting the email, Graham has called us, at home, from his office on the ship making sure that our daughter was ok, that we were aware of the situation (which we were), and asking if there was anything that he could do. he also replied to her email. In my book, Graham went above and beyond to make sure that everything was ok. Some could argue that with the information he had, he was REQUIRED to make those contacts. However, there was a genuiness to his tone that says there was more to it. We would gladly sail with him again. Just my two cents.

That's the side of Graham we experienced. He made SUCH an impact on my daughter. She even asked me yesterday if he's going to be on our cruise in June. Then when I tried to prepare her for him not being there, she said whoever is in his place had "better be as funny".

I just got back from my first cruise yesterday on board the Mariner of the Seas. Graham was the cruise director and my entire family loved him! I understand he will be moving to a new ship in the near future though. I believe the Liberty, but I might be mistaken. I know I'd love to have him as a CD again personally. Having had several opportunities to talk to to him directly I found him quite charming, witty, talented, and very funny.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone remember where he was in 2005, particularly October 2005. I was on the Navigator Oct. 2005, and I think Graham Seymour was our CD, but I can't remember. I would like to know because, when I was on the Navigator, i didn't like the CD at all.

Archived