HAL Customer Service

barbon2

Hi,

I took the time to post to these boards with my complaints after my Dec. cruise on board the Oosterdam. Without repeating all of my posts, we were very unhappy with the suite service, and some other all around problems. The reason I am posting now is to say that I did write HAL about my experience on the Oosterdam. Over the weekend, I got a very long and concerned response from HAL in regard to our cruise experience. I just want to let everyone know that HAL customer service is alive and well. They took the time to address my issues. We had booked HAL again anyway for Alaska (even before we received this response) for Sept., but receiving a letter from them made me all the more comfortable with booking with them again. I am posting this because I only think it is fair to take the time to post the positives when I took the time to make negative posts.

Barbara

It's nice to read a post like this and to know that customer service does respond to problems. It was very nice and fair of you to take the time to report back to give us this information.

I hope your next cruise will be a much more enjoyable experience for you.

I know someone who was on the Oosterdam in December and ran into a stickly problem with a poker group that was on board. Apparently they took over the crows nest, so that the other fellow cruisers not in the poker group could not enjoy spending time in one of their favorite spots. They wrote a letter to Hal, telling them about their lost of some of the best part of their cruise. Hal sent them a cruise credit! Seems like they are listening!

I wish I'd done that. We were on one cruise that groups had totally taken over the Crows Nest, which is one of our favorite spots. We went up for sail away and they told us it was closed for a private party but we could sit in the Oak Room. Not an option. I should have written HAL, maybe we would have gotten a credit.

I know that there is a large group on our next cruise. If a portion of the ship is unavailable to us, you can bet I will let HAL know it. People go on a cruise and expect all aspects of the cruise to be available to everyone. Something small like the Oak Room is one thing that makes sense for a meeting. Maybe a meeting in the queens lounge or the vista showroom at off hours. But not the Crows Nest at sailaway!

What's next? "Sorry, we have a large group using the Lido pool today"?

Actually, that happened to us years ago. It was a sea day and there was a huge group on the ship. We were told we had to leave aft pool at 1:00 as they had a private party planned. We had no choice but to leave the pool on a beautiful, bright sunny day in the Caribbean. :( We haven't seen or had anything like that happen in the many years since but we didn't like it.

Archived