ecstasy vs conquest

jscott918

Hello im a new member and new to the cruise thing i have been doing alot of reading over all the diffrent threads alot fo GREAT info but i am torn which ship to go on my first cruise on ? out of galveston looking at a cabin with a veiw ecstasy is a 5 day for around 350.00 and the conquest is a 7 day for around 499.00 both are in my budget but looking for the best bang for my buck i understand that the conquest is alot bigger as well as alot newer looking for some feedback from people who might have done both or even just one id like the pros and cons of them both and a opion on which boat would be right for me for my first cruise i look foward to more helpful hint and pointer also i have seen that it is possible to bring a bottle of liq. with me onboard how would be the best way to get this done without any trouble looking to have a nightcap in the room without having to go to a bar to get it

THANK YOU BUNCH:D

If both are in your budget, go for the 7 day, Conquest is much larger and newer. Also if you really want to spoil yourself, you can get a balcony cabin on the Conquest, Ecstasy oonly has oceanviews unless you get a suite.

Just search "booze smuggling and you will find hundered of threads.

Room service will also bring the drinks to your cabin until 3am (i think thats the right time)

I would take the 7 days on Conquest. I was Ecstacy (cet 11) many years ago and wasn't all that impressed. It was fun, but an older ship ...Cruised Conquest last summer in an 8A and was very happy with my choice. Of course, anytime you van take 7 instead of 5, it's an easy decision!!! :) Good luck & have fun no matter your choice!

We have been on Conquest twice and really love it but decided for our upcoming cruise to try Ecstasy, even though its a shorter cruise and a smaller ship so that we can try a different ship and of course since we are taking my parents. Im not sure if a longer cruise is good for them.. But if its your first on either ship, Id go with Conquest.. Mainly because its more days and of course a larger, nicer ship..

I would pick a 7 day over a 5 day any day, but sometimes I don't always have the time. I do prefer the size of the Ecstasy because it is easier to navigate the ship and there are less people on board. Yes it is older but they have taken good care of the ship, recently the new bedding was added as well as flat screen tvs in every stateroom. The Conquest is a beautiful ship and you won't be disappointed there either. If you have any specific questions feel free to email me at kporter@webfnb.com

Have been on Conquest 3 times out of the 7 cruises we have been on. Have been on Ecstasy's class of ship several times as well. Wife is in love with Conquest. Having said that we are doing a 5 day on Ecstasy in Apr. Why? Brother and SIL are going along and it is their first cruise. Brother can't do a lot of the things we would normally do - (heart). Normally we would do the longer cruise simply because the ports are IMHO far better on Conquest iten than Ecstasy. Have never been to Progresso but looking at excursions I can guarantee you the options at Conquest ports of call are far superior. We have thoroughly enjoyed everyone of our cruises regardless of which ship we were on. If the budget can handle it suggest Conquest for a first cruise for all the reasons stated above.

We went last year on Ecstasy and we didn't like the ship. The deck plan was not as good as the newer ships. On certain decks, we couldn't walk from point A to point B. We had to either go one deck up or down, walked to the point, then one deck down or up. Certain stairs terminated at certain deck, and we had to find another flight of stairs to go up. Non-smoking signs were confusing, therefore many smokers ignored the signs. Our room was newly renovated, but the bathroom floor was spongy feel. They simply put a lino over a bad floor. The food and service were just as good as other Carnival ships.

Please do not ask how to smuggle alcohol to ship. Just as we don't ask how to smuggle towels, blankets, arts off the ship. When you buy tickets, the contract clearly mentioned that you cannot bring liquors to ship. If you agree the contract, then honor it.

We went last year on Ecstasy and we didn't like the ship. The deck plan was not as good as the newer ships. On certain decks, we couldn't walk from point A to point B. We had to either go one deck up or down, walked to the point, then one deck down or up.

What newer ships have you been on? The Conquest was the same way, along with any other ship I've been on that has 2 dining rooms.

I loved the conquest!! Take the seven day, you will be happy that you did!

As for alcohol...buy it in a plastic bottle or pour it into a plastic bottle (pop bottles work great!) I usually duck tape the cap and then place it in a ziploc baggie in case of spillage! Then put it into your checked luggage. If it is wine or Champagne, They allow you to carry that on the ship. They may charge you a cork fee.

wow i see some peole take it to heart about the drink didnt think it was that big of a deal to have a bottle in your room to have a night cap with each night didnt know that it would affect anyone else just looking for a bit of info thank you for thoose that have been constructive

The Conquest is Beautiful ,and I read where the Ecstasy went through a thorough refurbishment in April of '06. So,it just depends on your time. If you have the time ,then go with the 7 day. The extra sea days are great ! We're trying the Ecstasy later this year after just getting off the Conquest because vacation days running short for DW. Hey,It's cruising !:D

We went on the Conquest in November and loved our cruise. This was our first cruise and I think a very good first cruise experience.

We just got back from a four day cruise on the Ecstasy yesterday and I was quite impressed with her. She is a beautiful ship and we had a great time.

I know this isn't much help in deciding which ship to go on. But I have to agree with everyone that says if you can afford the Conquest go for it!

Archived