ecstasy vs conquest

jscott918

Hi!

I'm a new cruiser and for my 1st cruise I decided to go with a 5-day cruise on the Ecstasy. My decision on taking a 5day vs. a 7day had to deal with $, I wasn't sure I would like cruising and I also wasn't sure how I would handle the motion. ( I get motion sickness pretty easily)

I just went on the Ecstasy & it was great! I loved it! I made sure i took my dramamine & I was okay!! The ship looks new, the beds were so COMFY!! I slept like a baby! Everyone was nice, it was easy to navigate. There was always someone cleaning the ship. I loved the Ecstasy! Would I go on the Ecstasy again? YES!! :p

I am now planning on going on a 7day ship leaving from Florida next year.

I'm happy with my decison that I booked a 5-day cruise vs. a 7-day cruise b/c now i know what it feels like on the ship + I know that I enjoy cruising!! :D

Whatever you decide to choose, I hope you have a good one! :)

One of the few things I've disagreed with my PVP about is the Ecstasy. We cruised on her before she arrived in Texas (we went from Long Beach) and after we cruised on her we cruised on the Celebration, older and a tad smaller I believe. The Celebration was so much nicer.....everything. I'm going on the Conquest, for the first time, later this month so will be able to give you a much more educated response.....although right now my opinion would be to go on the Conquest! I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the Conquest....I've been on the Pride so I can't wait to compare them.

PS. One of the things I found most off putting about the Ecstasy was the smell of sewerage, not overbearing but always present...no matter where aboard we were. I can't imagine that dressing her up a bit has resolved that situation.

PS. One of the things I found most off putting about the Ecstasy was the smell of sewerage, not overbearing but always present...no matter where aboard we were. I can't imagine that dressing her up a bit has resolved that situation.[/color][/font]

I have been on 8 cruises so far but not yet on Ecstasy and to be honest with you I have smelled that sewage smell on many of these cruises not just Carnival.. Even some of the newer ships.. I dont know what its from but it is common..

Archived