When will my kitchen stop swaying???

snewsie

I just returned from my first short cruise (4 day to Bahama) and WOW...I still have that feeling that I am swaying! We had minor rough seas the first and last night but I didn't think I would feel like this 3 days afterward? When will it stop?

I just returned from my first short cruise (4 day to Bahama) and WOW...I still have that feeling that I am swaying! We had minor rough seas the first and last night but I didn't think I would feel like this 3 days afterward? When will it stop?

BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE !!!!!!

lol..yes it will. Some people keep taking the seasickness pills a few days after returning from a cruise.

here is an older thread about it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=28945

And when you step out of the shower do you still lift your leg up even though you dont have to?:D

maybe when i get home in a couple of weeks i'll see if i can order room service and stateroom (turndown and cleaning) service. :p

i'll send the kids to camp carnival, and have DH take over as room steward, head waiter and beverage server. i'll sit in the backyard, on my lounge chair, in front of my ig pool w/ the cover on, water on top frozen from these deep freeze temps, and slap on the spf 15 while ordering a bucket of beer. ahhh to dream...

too bad that won't fly:p :D

While I don't have a serious problem on-board I do have a difficult time ashore and for several days after a cruise. I've gotten in the habit of taking Bonamine from the day before a cruise through to 3-4 days following the cruise. This seems to resolve the problem for me.

okay...those were some good replies! :)

I do have to wonder...I had a lot of pressure pain/popping in my ears on my flight pre/post cruise. Maybe there is something going on with that that makes it worse for me. Yesterday I sat down at the computer and felt that gentle swaying..in the meantime...my son left the fan running in the bathroom (which is on the other side of where I was) and for a moment I thought we were docking at port. :) We had a very very forward room and heard that "ennnnmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" clunk everytime we docked. By the way...what was that?

Thanks for the help.....I'm going to see if there is a show going on the family room and stop by the gift shop now....:D

wow! So sorry; maybe your sea legs haven't morphed back into land legs :)

maybe when i get home in a couple of weeks i'll see if i can order room service and stateroom (turndown and cleaning) service. :p

i'll send the kids to camp carnival, and have DH take over as room steward, head waiter and beverage server. i'll sit in the backyard, on my lounge chair, in front of my ig pool w/ the cover on, water on top frozen from these deep freeze temps, and slap on the spf 15 while ordering a bucket of beer. ahhh to dream...

too bad that won't fly:p :D

LOL :D :D

We sailed the Conquest Jan 21-28 and it was Thursday Feb 1 (day 5) before my rooms stopped rocking. It's almost a drunk feeling. It's weird because I felt fine onboard and in port.

Hope it stops soon.

Can't believe how many of you truly have this problem! Looks like only World Cruiser and myself were the only ones to take it lighthearted and put a fun little spin on it.

i really thought it was more of joke, as i have never heard of someone not getting their land legs back w/in hours -- minimum. i'm a boater, so the land leg thing isn't even noticable to me, but when people who don't boat very often come out on our boat they sometimes have this problem, but it's gone rather quickly...and my boat isn't 922', 110,000 tons LOL :p

The correct name for this condition is ( INEEDANOTHERCRUISE):) It's not a serious condition, but are just one of the many signs of the addiction you have developed.;)

Seriously though it takes a few days or weeks for some to get over it..It happens to me everytime i get off a cruise, sometimes when I stand up to quick or close my eyes when in the shower.

Archived